Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

birthday parties and large families

Posted by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 2:59 AM
  • 5 Replies

So I was reading another post that got me thinking about my daughter's 2nd birthday (still a few months off).  We invited our entire families for her first and ended up having over 150 guests...definitely a one time thing!  I was wondering how you ladies with a large number of family/friends decide on your guest list.  Do you invite only those closest to you? Just the family members with kids under a certain age? Or do you use some other system?

by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 2:59 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
lilmomma4
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 3:02 AM

I usually just end up inviting like my sisters who have kids of their own,my parents.And the same on my bf's side.That way it don't look like a wedding reception,lol. 

korbynsmama
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 3:11 AM

That's EXACTLY what it looked like...well, except for the bounce house!

Quoting lilmomma4:

I usually just end up inviting like my sisters who have kids of their own,my parents.And the same on my bf's side.That way it don't look like a wedding reception,lol. 

korbynsmama
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 3:26 AM

Anybody else??

KittyD
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 3:28 AM

i just invite close friends and fam and tell them no tag alongs lol

KittyD ~ Stop By My Page & Sign my Guest Book!

Cherish77
by Cherish on Jan. 27, 2009 at 5:45 AM

I have a large family, but not everybody comes.  I invite  brothers and sisters, aunts and Uncles, and friends with kids.  We usually end up with about 30 or so people.  Except. DS only had like 12 or 15 including me and his dad and sister.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)