Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I can't believe my BIL did this to my niece...

Posted by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 8:06 AM
  • 25 Replies

My BIL is crazy. I can't stand him. To make a long story short, he makes my sister, my niece, and nephew miserable. So just let me tell what he did to my niece. She is a Senior in high school this year. She found out Friday she is Valedictorian of her class. I was thrilled. Well my psychotic BIL goes to school yesterday and told the principal that she was not going to be valedictorian. He goes into a mad rant about how she is not going to do it, and that her name better not be in any papers or websites. To make matters worse, he is not even their real dad. I can't believe he did this to her. He is trying to make her non existent. He is doing stuff like this to her all the time. I don't know what to do. None of them can keep living like this. But my sister won't leave him. Say alittle prayer things will get better. Those kids can't keep going on like this. Thanks for listening to my rant.

by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 8:06 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
StillMagnolia
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 8:09 AM

I don't think he can change the fact that your niece is valedictorian.

prncssinwaiting
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 8:09 AM

omg i would shoot him! does she still get to do it? or does she get screwed?

Brooke501
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 8:10 AM

What an asshole. Why would he do something so mean? Is your niece going to college? I bet she is just waiting for the chance to get out of that house. The sad thing is, she will not only resent her stepdad but her mom too for not getting her out of the horrible living situation. 

jacejenkins
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 8:11 AM

You know what?  I would call my niece and let her come live with me.    To hell with that SOB and I pity your sister not leaving him.   Is your niece's father in her life?  If so I would give him a call and let him know what is going on.   Perhaps she can go live with him.

dfearless
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 8:12 AM
Is your neice 18 yet? If so, there isn't too much your BIL can do about it. Being valedictorian is an honor and she should be able to enjoy the benefit of all her hard work.
momKat517
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 8:13 AM

I don't think he can change the fact that she earned the best GPA for her class! and if she is a Sr, then she is over 18 right? so she can decide if she wants to do it...I know there is something about if you are 18 and still in highschool then you are tech not an adult yet...but idk just a thought...also does he even have any rights to her to do something like that? I know whereI live (Ga) step-parents really have no rights as a parent...unless they are appointed by the courts as a legal gaurdian or adobt the children...

Kat770
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 8:14 AM

wtf, he sounds like a nut.  sorry this is happening :(

02nana07
by Silver Member on Jan. 27, 2009 at 8:16 AM

I HOPE YOUR SISTER KNOWS HER DAUGHTER WILL HATE HER FOR THIS ONE DAY AND MAYBE FOREVER 

SINCE SHE IS GRADUATING CAN YOU LET HER MOVE IN WITH YOU SOUNDS LIKE SHE IS BEING ABUSED AT LEAST MENTALLY AND YOUR SISTER DOESN'T LOVE HER OR SHE WOULD GET HER OUT OF THE SITUATON.

I HOPE BOTH KIDS GET OUT OF THE SITUATION SOON WITH OR WITHOUT YOUR SISTER.  MAYBE THEN SHE WILL WAKE UP AND DO HER JOB AS A PARENT AND PUT THEM FIRST.

lovemygirls0407
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 8:39 AM

My niece will be 18 in April. The last time I talked to her I told her she could move in with us. They tell her she can't go to college. She can't work. They tell her that she needs to set at home and wait on a husband. But they won't let her out of the house. All of them are forbidden to go anywhere. They can't be around any of us. My niece told me she wanted to move in with us, but she is afraid to leave. He has made threats that if anyone tries to interfere with her, that he will kill them. I don't know. I have the fear if she does come here that he will try to do something. I have 2 young children and one on the way. I'm darned if I do, and darned if I don't. I don't want her in that situation.

Quoting 02nana07:

I HOPE YOUR SISTER KNOWS HER DAUGHTER WILL HATE HER FOR THIS ONE DAY AND MAYBE FOREVER 

SINCE SHE IS GRADUATING CAN YOU LET HER MOVE IN WITH YOU SOUNDS LIKE SHE IS BEING ABUSED AT LEAST MENTALLY AND YOUR SISTER DOESN'T LOVE HER OR SHE WOULD GET HER OUT OF THE SITUATON.

I HOPE BOTH KIDS GET OUT OF THE SITUATION SOON WITH OR WITHOUT YOUR SISTER.  MAYBE THEN SHE WILL WAKE UP AND DO HER JOB AS A PARENT AND PUT THEM FIRST.

angelwings63050
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 8:47 AM
what a jerk!!!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)