Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

parent/teacher conf...

Posted by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 8:37 AM
  • 6 Replies

I had to meet with my oldest DD teacher due to boys picking on her. Come to find out it's due to a boy that is her boyfriend. DD and boy are playing with each other at playground and his friends are mad. My DD is already causing boys to fight.

After that I figure I will check on middle DD and her teacher. I should have just went home. The teacher had a bag of toys my DD has been taking to school. UGH. Youngest DD Game boy, pen w/ bubbles, lip gloss and many other things. So know I have to check her pockets and jacket before she leaves for school. I already check her book bag to make sure everything is in it.  What kind of punishment should she get? I was thinking of grounding her for 2 weeks.  Or do you think a punishment is even needed?

All who reply thank you.

by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 8:37 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
jillbailey26
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 8:41 AM

I wouldn't really punish her, maybe sit down and have a talk with her.  Remind her that she's not allowed to bring things to school from home.  If she does it again after the talk, then she gets punished.  It's pretty harmless compared to the other things she could be doing at school.

~Jill~

zianneaaliyah
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 8:42 AM

I wouldn't ground her, but I tell her every toy the teacher confiscates from her, I will donate it to charity.  The less toys, the less she can take to school.

star506
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 8:43 AM

I will do that. Your right It is harmless. She could be doing a lot worse.

Quoting jillbailey26:

I wouldn't really punish her, maybe sit down and have a talk with her.  Remind her that she's not allowed to bring things to school from home.  If she does it again after the talk, then she gets punished.  It's pretty harmless compared to the other things she could be doing at school.

dfearless
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 8:43 AM
JMO...I think 2 weeks is too long. I would take away the things she obviously likes (no gameboy, no lip gloss, etc.) for a week. It's not clear how much she is to blame for the boys' behavior, but the fact that she's taking things to school that she shouldn't, needs to be addressed. Good luck to you!
143myboys9496
by Gold Member on Jan. 27, 2009 at 8:50 AM

With regard to your eldest, I personally wouldn't blame her for the boys teasing her. They're jealous that their friend prefers to play with her over them...(at least thats what I got from your post). Either way it's wrong for them to do that.

With regard to your 8yo...again...personally...she should at least be grounded for taking her sister's gameboy to school. And I believe on some level she knew it was wrong, or she would've either asked or told you she was taking it. As per the other items, she shoudn't be grounded for those but, I wouldn't give them back to her either. I would also tell her teacher if it happens again to contact you, and then I'd ground her...(if it happens again). 

BTW...why didn't your middle dd's teacher contact you about this matter? THAT bothers me. 

mom22tumblebugs
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 9:24 AM

Quoting jillbailey26:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)