Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Did you, Would you, Will you?

Posted by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 8:45 AM
  • 14 Replies

Poll

Question: Choose the best option...for those who say yes could you please tell why?

Options:

Yes, I have and will again

Yes, I have and won't anymore

No, it's not right

Haven't yet but probably will

Other

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 67

View Results

Have you ever (on CM) sent a personal message to someone that was mean just because they didn't agree with your choices?

I have gotten one message from someone who didn't agree with my choice to NOT co-sleep and was told I was a terrible mother and my child would turn out horrible.  Why would you send something like that to someone you do NOT know just because they do not believe the same thing as you do?

by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 8:45 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
zianneaaliyah
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 8:47 AM

I put other because you didn't have an option for no, because I don't care and I have a life, LOL!

MissViki
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 8:48 AM

I love the support I get from Cafe Mom, but it disappoints me to see how many women tear each other down on this site.  I think as mothers we are all trying to do what we believe is best for our children and if I don't agree with something your doing, it's a difference of opinion.  The only thing that annoys me really are the extremist who believe it's their way and nothing else.  If we all raised our children the same way there would be no diveristy and what is right for some people isn't right for everyone.   

itsnotaboutm765
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 8:48 AM

lol I'm not in high school.  I'm not going to send a hateful messege to someone I don't even know

mom23boys679
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 8:51 AM
I'd like to know w here these people are at, because I've never had one and I've said some pretty offensive things before. Not to hurt a persons feelings, but because it's how I stand and what one might consider "bashing" others might call it having a differing opinion. I can't imagine someone telling you you're screwing your kid up for sleeping choices, lol. That makes me lol every time I hear something like that.
katykay
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 8:53 AM

nope, not a chance.  I have received a few of them though. 

Memaw08
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 8:56 AM

I voted No......I think that at times when we think that what we are doing in OUR lives is the right thing to do......well we forget that there are other ways to do it. And that when others choose not to do what we are or that they might (gasp) have a different opinion then we do........it amazes us and yes sometimes pisses us off because what WE are doing is the best way.

I have learned that although I think that I a doing what I feel is the best thing for my children,,,it is always a learning experience to learn how others might do it differently. I am not above saying that maybe they do it in a better way then I was. We all have our own way of doing things....BF/Bottle....SAHM/Workingmoms.....Vaccinate/not...all the things that seems very important to each of us. Thats what makes us all different.

143myboys9496
by Gold Member on Jan. 27, 2009 at 8:58 AM

IDK why some people do that. I've never sent or received a personal email from someone in the manner you described. Personally I think it's childish. Good God! We're all moms here. We are all of different upbringings, races, creeds, religions...so why would someone...anyone think we would NOT be raising our children differently??? It boggles my mind! We should ALL stand together as mothers and respect our differences. Let's argue and debate them, but respect them in the end.

We should stand tall and together as SISTAS IN MOTHERHOOD!

BTW, my sons are 14 and 12 and are NOT horrible people (they're teens...lol)...and I DID NOT co-sleep. So you're not alone.

Jynnifer292
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 9:21 AM

God no, I wouldn't send anything like that. I haven't received any either. People are crazy enough on the threads. I said something last week and everyone seemed to get it but one woman. She got really belligerent when I tried to explain how it was meant to be taken and told me to shut up.  Basically, she thought that I was saying that disabled children were a mistake. Even when I told her that wasn't what I meant and that I HAVE a disabled child, she told me that I should be even more ashamed of myself. It was obvious that it wasn't worth talking about. She was looking for a fight when there was nothing to fight about.

sunshine7902000
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 9:26 AM
i have never sent one or never received one. if i have nothing nice to say on a post i don't say anything at all and move on.
jaytee
by Platinum Member on Jan. 27, 2009 at 9:28 AM

I have not and I never will! I believe that we all do what works for us and our family.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)