Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Could she NOT know????

Posted by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 8:45 AM
  • 21 Replies

I have a friend, who I have been friends with since 1985. She isn't my "closest"  friends, but I do consider her one of my best friends. We talk at least every other day....So imagine my surprise when I read in the local paper that her house was in foreclosure!! I thought that maybe she was embarrassed, and didn't want to tell me. She is having a bday party for her daughter on 2/7, and her house is going up for sale on 2/3. I called her, just to kind of feel her out....I asked her if we were going back to her house after the party, and she said she hadn't planned on it, but we were more than welcome to...Then she asked what I was doing this weekend, told her I didn't have any plans, she said that she thought about coming down (I live in the next town over...about 25 miles) and going shopping and maybe we could eat lunch or take the kids to Chuck e cheese.  She just did not sound like someone who's house was going to be taken away from her! Her husband is a not a bad guy, he doesn't abuse her, or do drugs, he doesn't even drink....ever! But, he can be, and has been known to hang around some shady people. So my question is, Could HE have kept this from her? I don't really know how the foreclosure thing works.

by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 8:45 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
itsnotaboutm765
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 8:47 AM

He could have very easliy kept it from her. Most house companies won't call you or maybe they don't have a good number but if he manages all the bills then maybe she didn't know.  if you have been friends so long I would just believe her and not pass judgement what she needs right now is a friend

Sweetpeasx3
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 8:51 AM

Depends on what state you are in. But yes it is possible that she is not aware of the foreclosure. You should ask her. The way it works here in NC is that if the house was going on to sale on 2/3, then there is a 10 upset bid period which means someone could come in and upset the original bid if they want. Then the 10 days start over again until someone decides that they are not going to upset the bid anymore. Once the bid is final, there has to be an eviction process, which could take another 14 days.

I have seen it where the other spouse has kept it from the spouse all the way up to sale. She could be embrassed, you should ask her.

Tae

I'm not passing judgement at all!! I don't know if I should say something to her or not! If she doesn't know, Do I need to tell her?

Quoting itsnotaboutm765:

He could have very easliy kept it from her. Most house companies won't call you or maybe they don't have a good number but if he manages all the bills then maybe she didn't know.  if you have been friends so long I would just believe her and not pass judgement what she needs right now is a friend

Punkin6498

Maybe she has a plan? I think she has until the date of the auction to "save" her house, but I could be wrong?

jillbailey26
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 8:55 AM

Do they own the house or rent it?

~Jill~

Tae
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 8:55 AM

bump

Tae
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 8:56 AM

She BUILT it! She has had this house since 1993!!

Quoting jillbailey26:

Do they own the house or rent it?

itsnotaboutm765
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 8:56 AM

Mayb say something gentle.  but word it very carefully you don't want to hutrt her because if she doesn't know I'm sure she will be mad and hurt and a million other emotions

Quoting Tae:

I'm not passing judgement at all!! I don't know if I should say something to her or not! If she doesn't know, Do I need to tell her?

Quoting itsnotaboutm765:

afilip
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 9:00 AM

Maybe she just dosen't want to accept that she is losing her house. Or maybe she's just embarassed

shorty7452
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 9:04 AM

it could be a screw up on the papers part...i would ask her about it this way she can call and clear everything up

Freecycle for New Jersey Moms CLICK THE PICTURE

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)