Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

First bible ideas

Posted by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 9:03 AM
  • 4 Replies

I would like to get DD her first bible but it will need to be packed full of pictures as she's not quite 2 yet.  Do they make such a thing?

by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 9:03 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
noahscott
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 9:07 AM

yep.. i got my son one.. its called the beginners bible.. they are at walmart for like $15. ours is white with plants and and has adam and eve, noah and all them on the front of it.. there are a lot of different versions so make sure you look through it before you buy it.

they sell them either witht the regular books or in the toys section with the hooked on phonics and stuff like that.  

serendipity729
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 9:09 AM

My SIL got my sons a My First Read and Learn Bible.  It is a picture book with little stories in it.  I'm not sure if this is what you are looking for, but I hope it helps.  it is a Scolastic book.  I'm not sure where it sells, but Barnes and Noble or Borders should ahve something like it.

TheresaMomof9
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 9:10 AM

Oh, yes they do!!!

Here's a nice, inexpensive source. If you have a distributor near you (Great CHristian Books or other religious store) I'd recommend going in and just looking around. There's so much from which to choose!!

I thought this 'busy bible' was cute for a toddler (can take to church and keep 'em busy too! :) )

Here are some more sources:

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_ss_gw?url=search-alias%3Dstripbooks&field-keywords=catholic+children%27s+bible

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_ss_b?url=search-alias%3Dstripbooks&field-keywords=children%27s+bible&x=12&y=22

Amazon has that feature where you can search inside the book. Good luck!

Theresa

CafeMom Admin
by Ruby Member on Jan. 27, 2009 at 9:58 AM

wave

Hi
Jademom07,

You may also want to visit this CafeMom Group:

Advice for Moms

If you have a question or would like to share advice with other moms, just click the "Answers" tab at the top of every page on CafeMom. You can use the search bar at the top of every page to search for specific information.

Enjoy the site!
\The CafeMom Admin Team

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)