Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Seriously - get a grip people!!

Posted by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 9:13 AM
  • 8 Replies

I live in Texas where we don't get a lot of bad winter weather but it does happen pretty much at least once every winter.  I was trying to watch to national news this morning but no I can't do that.  Why?  Because the roads MIGHT get icy.  Give me a break!  I know some areas have iced over but really what more can be said other than what roads to avoid and what schools/business are closed.  Is there really a need to report from the side of the road telling us that the roads aren't icy but you did find some ice on the back of a sign?!?!  Give me a break.  Just report what is necessary and move on.  I don't need to hear from 3 different people in three different towns that there isn't any ice on the highway - how is that newsworthy??  OK vent over LMAO  Did I miss any good national news this morning?

Come join our group where you can talk about whatever you want with no drama!!     www.cafemom.com/group/BusyB

by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 9:13 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
1busymomma03
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 9:16 AM

LMBO. I so know what you mean about news like that. It is funny.

lilbuggy53108
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 9:20 AM

Yea I know what you mean..What really gets me is when my major news channels have celebrity gossip..I remember watching the news about a month ago and kept hearing Madonna and A-Rod... If i want to read that ill pick up a tabloid!.

bookwriter4kids
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 9:21 AM

Just that it might rain in SC...better stay in today.  LOL

Have a great day! 

VerucaSallt
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 9:22 AM

HAHAHAHA!  try living in seattle!  Flurries constitute a city-wide shutdown!

tes1proudmomma
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 9:30 AM

I totally understand! Last week or the week before can't remember which..snow was in the forecast..only for like 1-2inches..*I'm in VA*..so automatically it was a huge deal and schools shut down..and it didn't even snow!!!! They even had winter weather advisories telling people to stay off the roads!

Lilypie Kids birthday TickerLilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Lilypie 1st Birthday TickerLilypie Breastfeeding Ticker
mom22tumblebugs
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 9:40 AM

Fox and Friends on Fox News Network etc... who needs a local station that reports weather and traffic every 8 minutes among each 3 minute of commercial segment. And if not on TV, check a internet newspaper site for the headlines.

armyvetmommy
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 9:41 AM

hey where at in tx?  we live just north of austin (leander)

I am a U.S Army Combat Veteran of OIF

Babylove135
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 9:54 AM

Right now it's west of DFW but slowly moving east.  Most of the schools are closed around the Decatur area.  Fort Worth schools are open but they may close early and they said if you keep your kids at home it will be excused.  I live in East Texas so it won't be here until later this afternoon or tonight.

Quoting armyvetmommy:

hey where at in tx?  we live just north of austin (leander)

Come join our group where you can talk about whatever you want with no drama!!     www.cafemom.com/group/BusyB

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)