Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Working

Posted by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 9:20 AM
  • 2 Replies

I have an interview tonight, actually it is the first interview I have ever had. The 2 jobs I had in high school were both just handed to me because I knew the managers/owners. It's not the greatest job by any means. It's just at a gas station on post so we can have some extra money in the bank for when my husband is out of the ARMY. Plus we are trying to buy a house and every little bit helps. I'm just not excited about it at all. My husbands the one who feels I should get a job so we have extra money (not that we are really hurting for money). However we both agree that we don't want to put our boys in daycare. This means I'd have to work nights. I wont be able to start work until 330 and then I'd work until between 1030 and 1230.

I will miss out on eating dinner with my family, giving the boys their baths and putting them to bed. My oldest is 3 and I have only ever been away from him to tuck him to be a handful of times. I have never ben away from my youngest at bed time. I feel I'm going to be missing out on a special time and plus missing out on the time we would get to have together as a family. Also, my husband has never been alone with the boys for more then 2 hours. He's a great dad don't get me wrong but if I leave him with the boys he's always texting me to see when I'll be home. It will be a MAJOR adjustment for all of them.

I don't even have the job yet and might not get it. I guess I'm just venting my frustrations on having to get a job I don't really want and am in no way interested in. I have a chance to work at a day care a few hours a week and I could bring the boys but the money wouldn't be as good and that seems to be all my husband is interested in.

Thanks for letting me blow off steam.

by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 9:20 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
maybaby22
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 9:23 AM

Going back to work is tough and of course you are going to miss out on a lot of special things! Your families financial security is just as important as those little moments. I had to go back to work when my baby was 13 weeks and it was very very hard. It still is, I miss her terribly BUT it is what is best for my family (financially). Sadly I have to give up time with my daughter so I can make sure that there is always enough money!

CafeMom Admin
by Ruby Member on Jan. 27, 2009 at 10:06 AM

wave

Hi DnKsmommy

You may also want to visit this CafeMom Group:

Advice for Moms

If you have a question or would like to share advice with other moms, just click the "Answers" tab at the top of every page on CafeMom. You can use the search bar at the top of every page to search for specific information.

Enjoy the site!
\The CafeMom Admin Team

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)