Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

We have 11 puppies!!! EDIT.. now with pics

Posted by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 9:30 AM
  • 17 Replies

So yesterday my golden retriever mix went into labor and had 11 puppies.. They are so cute 9 black and 2 blonde!!! I am so excited and had to share with someone.... My camera batteries are dead but I will post pics when I get batteries!!!!

by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 9:30 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
itsnotaboutm765
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 9:30 AM

cool who is the daddy?lol

JanieR
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 9:32 AM

I want to see pics!   I want one sooooo bad but have to wait to get a dog.   I really want a Golden Retriever.

dragonflykiss44

AWWWWWWWWw i want one!!

awgarcia

can I have one?!

Causality

Congrats!!!!!!!!!!

1busymomma03

Awww. I bet they are so cute. My black lab/ boxer mix had 10 puppies on Christmas day. Two of them didn't make it though. But the other eight are growing and getting into everything. :-)

bookwriter4kids
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 9:33 AM

Congrats to the momma! 

zillionaire
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 9:34 AM

Aww... sweet! We want to get a golden mix puppy.  Our dog has epilepsy, and we are thinking of getting a second dog and hoping she can sense when he's ready to have a seizure.    I've heard that golden retrievers make good seizure dogs.

Do you know the breed of the daddy?

mom2four30
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 9:37 AM

Funny thing is we have a male black lab and the 9 black ones look just like him but the 2 blonde ones look like the neighbors dog.. Is it possible to have 2 different dads??? I heard it is but not sure... They kept coming and coming...  Wasn't sure they would ever stop coming...This is her first litter, and last, LOL and she is the perfect MAMA...

1busymomma03
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 9:39 AM

I think they can have two dads. We had the same kind of thing happen with the two litters that my dog has had.

Quoting mom2four30:

Funny thing is we have a male black lab and the 9 black ones look just like him but the 2 blonde ones look like the neighbors dog.. Is it possible to have 2 different dads??? I heard it is but not sure... They kept coming and coming...  Wasn't sure they would ever stop coming...This is her first litter, and last, LOL and she is the perfect MAMA...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)