Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Cobra Insurance

Posted by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 9:45 AM
  • 8 Replies

Anybody ever deal with Cobra insurance????  Do they take forever to acknowledge your application?  Mailed the application last Tuesday with a check for 2 months and still nothing?  I don't want to pest them..but I'm becoming a bit nervous...I think I will call them on Wednesday if I don't hear anything or see check cleared.

by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 9:45 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
bookwriter4kids
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 9:46 AM

They are typically slow, but you have to call them to make sure they know you aren't going anywhere. 

themacs4
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 9:48 AM

I'd give them a little longer.  It's only been a week.  Also, depending on how long it took for the application to get there in the mail factors in to it.

Nuh-uh
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 9:52 AM

They were good for me. I mailed the check and had confirmation back about a week later? When I called the lady said they have five days to proccess it, so I figured the five days plus a couple in the mail. The check didn't clear for about two weeks, but I was still covered at my app. , so that was what I cared about. Good Luck!

prestonjohn
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 9:53 AM

I dont remember it taking long as i kept my insurance thru my pregnancy,,did you go thru the employer you had because i thought they set mine up and then i got the papers to pay. its been a couple years so im not sure. 

CharityS
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 10:07 AM

I would suggest that you stay on them. You do not want a lapse in coverage. Insurance co's number one excuse is to say they do not have the paperwork etc.. I deal with them everyday. That is their object to save money and that would save them money in the long run. Be careful not to get mad right away, just be "concerned" Good luck to you.

Charity

There was no respect for youth when I was young, and now that I am old there is no respect for age. I missed it coming and going.

BFMomma08
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 10:32 AM

They sent me a letter with an application to choose what coverage to continue and if i was to continue to mail them back the application and a check for 2 months and then they will send me a coupon booklet.  I'll give them a call and be patient...long as i don't loose my coverage ...as I've been to the dentist already 2xs for some work done and don't want to have to pay for this out of pocket. 

Quoting prestonjohn:

I dont remember it taking long as i kept my insurance thru my pregnancy,,did you go thru the employer you had because i thought they set mine up and then i got the papers to pay. its been a couple years so im not sure. 

BFMomma08
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 10:33 AM

Thank you everybody!!  I will call them when the kids go down for naps today.

Trishintraining
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 10:34 AM

We pay Cobra through my husbands employer, not straight to Cobra, so I don't really know. We give them the payment, and Cobra sends us the little cards. But the insurance is still in effect before we get the cards.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)