Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Recalls

Posted by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 9:54 AM
  • 23 Replies

My daughter's crib and playpen just got recalled in a matter of 2 weeks.  WTH?   This is crazy and what is up with these companies?   They've been recalling so many, I don't trust any of them anymore.   We've just broke him from sleeping with his mom all the time to sleeping in his crib and now it's not safe.  

by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 9:54 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
twiceamommy2007
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 9:56 AM

yeah both the cribs i have are recalled.well one's being used as a day bed, but the same piece being unsafe is used..blah!  

VerucaSallt
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 9:56 AM

If you had a storkcraft crib I got an email saying they were sending out my replacement in the next few days so t least it won't take forever!

isra1986
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 9:58 AM

I know, my DDs crib just got recalled. Its scary, 7 babies died while using that crib, I cant even imagine how those mother felt and I thank God my daughter was safe for the 5 months she slept in it!

JanieR
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 10:00 AM

Is it the 3 in 1 crib?  That's what we have but the recall is for replacing parts.   We bought the crib online at my moms house so she got the message and doesn't always remember things right.  

Quoting VerucaSallt:

If you had a storkcraft crib I got an email saying they were sending out my replacement in the next few days so t least it won't take forever!

jessicer421
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 10:00 AM

Things for babies will constantly be recalled. They can never be safe ENOUGH!! Sorry your inconvienced though!! That must suck! Where are you putting the baby until you get a new one?

tabhonn
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 10:02 AM

which crib and playpen is it?

VerucaSallt

Yea, I have the Rochester model.  I meant replacement parts (I was typing while nursing so I try to type as little as possible!).

Quoting JanieR:

Is it the 3 in 1 crib?  That's what we have but the recall is for replacing parts.   We bought the crib online at my moms house so she got the message and doesn't always remember things right.  

Quoting VerucaSallt:

small_wonder

What is the playpen? My daughter had the 3-1 crib we brought it back to the store she was big enough for a toddler bed so we got her one instead of the crib. 

VaNavyMom2b2009
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 10:04 AM

One fails = all being recalled of that kind.

Incoming = replacements.

Quoting JanieR:

My daughter's crib and playpen just got recalled in a matter of 2 weeks.  WTH?   This is crazy and what is up with these companies?   They've been recalling so many, I don't trust any of them anymore.   We've just broke him from sleeping with his mom all the time to sleeping in his crib and now it's not safe.  

jessicer421
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 10:08 AM

Where did you read an article on 7 babies dying. I tried to google it but the only thing I found was that 2 babies (toddlers) got stuck...but knowone was hurt. I don;t know...maybe i'm looking at the wrong one?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)