Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Generic meds VS. Designer

Posted by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 9:56 AM
  • 8 Replies

Are you completely sold on iT?   I was until this morning.lol went to Walgreen's to get pepto bismol an  next to it was Walgreen's brand that said COMPARE To pepto...so i did .they are the same ingredients,  really I'm pretty old to be figuring this shit out now..anyone else?

by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 9:56 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
KYChica
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 9:58 AM

I don't know about regular stuff like pepto but coming from a pill addict *Hangs head* lol I can tell you that most generic pain meds are the same as name brand pain meds... Hee..interesting info for ya lol

jillbailey26
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 10:02 AM

I ALWAYS get the generic meds over the brand name meds.  They're never recalled and they're much much cheaper.

~Jill~

MaddiesMaMa418
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 10:05 AM

Agreed.

Quoting jillbailey26:

I ALWAYS get the generic meds over the brand name meds.  They're never recalled and they're much much cheaper.

When I used to get my BC on base it was name brand and had really awkward packaging. When it comes generic (grocery store) it's easier to stash in my purse.

VaNavyMom2b2009
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 10:08 AM

Anything generic is the EXACT same (basics) as "brand". Only difference is the company name. Now, some "generic" companies can make shit products. Therfore, you have the "brand." Its the same in the sense of ingrediants, color, (possible) taste, etc. Just more fit for some American budgets. Now, I do 1/2 generic and 1/2 brand. I WONT do generic pepto but I will do generic meds IF its cost efficient for me at the time.

Quoting LEJOLIE:

Are you completely sold on iT?   I was until this morning.lol went to Walgreen's to get pepto bismol an  next to it was Walgreen's brand that said COMPARE To pepto...so i did .they are the same ingredients,  really I'm pretty old to be figuring this shit out now..anyone else?

c_boerman
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 10:11 AM

This is coming from a Registered Pharmacy Tech.  They are the same thing just made by different people.  And they (Generics) are considerably cheaper. They are all regulated and have to test several test and reviews for generics to be made. 

SAFE and CHEAPER cant beat that!

LEJOLIE
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 10:12 AM

Quoting VaNavyMom2b2009:

Anything generic is the EXACT same (basics) as "brand". Only difference is the company name. Now, some "generic" companies can make shit products. Therfore, you have the "brand." Its the same in the sense of ingrediants, color, (possible) taste, etc. Just more fit for some American budgets. Now, I do 1/2 generic and 1/2 brand. I WONT do generic pepto but I will do generic meds IF its cost efficient for me at the time.

Quoting LEJOLIE:

wHY NOT PEPTO?   COME AGAIN IM CONFused

casah4
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 10:13 AM

I'll use generic, but I like to wait until they've been out long enough that I feel comfortable taking them.  I want others to be the test subjects before I take it.  lol

Robbin74
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 10:13 AM

Generic user here! I use the generic to Alive more than anything, and it works just fine for me.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)