Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

i need some advice!!!!!!

Posted by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 10:17 AM
  • 19 Replies

Poll

Question: would you take the job

Options:

absolutly

no

try to work out diff. hours

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 27

View Results

Ok here is the deal i got a job but i haven't worked in 4 years> i have three boys two in school and one at home. my shift will start at 8 am but the kids don't get on the bus until 8:15 am and the shifts ends at 6 pm Mon Thur Fri and 10 -5 on sat and sun hubby works from 4am till sometimes 5 pm.here is where i need advice, my hubby has been pushing me to go back to work and when we argue he throws it in my face that i don't have a job . ok so when he gets home from work i  still take care of the kids i cook supper and i do the laundry i clean the house, i give them baths i just want to know would you take the job knowing that you do everything have have done everything for the kids and your husband for so long i know he will take good care of them and feed them. i also have to have a sitter to get them to the bus and get them of the bus and take care of my two year old and have supper going before i get home.the kids bed time is 8 pm   

by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 10:17 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mom22tumblebugs
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 10:23 AM

And what does HE do?

stefb81
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 10:25 AM

he is a garbage man

Quoting mom22tumblebugs:

And what does HE do?

mrshoag
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 10:27 AM

If it were me I would take the job if the pay was right. No minimum wage crap!!!

stefb81
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 10:29 AM

it is only 7.25 a hour

Quoting mrshoag:

If it were me I would take the job if the pay was right. No minimum wage crap!!!

emilysmom8
by Dawn on Jan. 27, 2009 at 10:31 AM

I would take the job. The way the economy is and every one is loosing their jobs I would not decline any job that's offered!

lujenem3
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 10:31 AM

Depends on whether or not your family needs the money, if it pays enough to offset the cost of a sitter, etc, and whether or not YOU want to go back to work. Hate to use an old word, but PHOOEY on whether or not HE thinks you need to work. YOU work your a$$ off as a SAHM and he should learn to appreciate that instead of whining that you don't have a job.

lujenem3

medinams
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 10:32 AM

Nope wouldnt do it. The pay isnt good for that much stress. I would get a part time job & tell him, i do have a job. why dont u try babysitting for ppl during the day? i mean, that is if that fits u. if nto then i would go for a part time job.

stefb81
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 10:34 AM

you have some good points !!! because i know he wont be able to handle everything I do and he will tell me to quit ayways!!

Quoting lujenem3:

Depends on whether or not your family needs the money, if it pays enough to offset the cost of a sitter, etc, and whether or not YOU want to go back to work. Hate to use an old word, but PHOOEY on whether or not HE thinks you need to work. YOU work your a$$ off as a SAHM and he should learn to appreciate that instead of whining that you don't have a job.

Mom2LiamNMolly
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 10:34 AM

So after taxes and childcare, how much will you actually bring home?

Quoting stefb81:

it is only 7.25 a hour

Quoting mrshoag:

motherhood-quote21

Stefanie - Mommy to Liam Patrick 07/07 (IUGR) and Molly Kate 06/08 (IUGR, Pre-Natal Stroke, Developmental Delays, and Failure to Thrive) and Wife to Mark since 2/17/2006

stefb81
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 10:37 AM

thats the whole thing i do babysit for my brother and he pays me 50 dollars a week just enought to make my car payment. each week and of course we struggle but we always have food and we always pay our bills ontime we just dont have ALOT of extra cash  

Quoting medinams:

Nope wouldnt do it. The pay isnt good for that much stress. I would get a part time job & tell him, i do have a job. why dont u try babysitting for ppl during the day? i mean, that is if that fits u. if nto then i would go for a part time job.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)