Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

One of my very closest friends just lost her brother

Posted by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 10:17 AM
  • 3 Replies

My very dear friends Charity and Faith need your prayers. Their brother Matthew, had a wreck and it killed him. I don't know all the details. From what I can gather, he was either drunk or high. He was coming off an interstate and couldn't hold the turn and lost control. He hit an information sign and it killed him and put his cousin in ICU. Matthew was only 23 years old, their cousin is only 19. It's a very sad situation. It hurts because I have been knowing this family for 4 years now. It's very painful to think that he died so young. Faith and Charity are young themselves and their family has been through a lot. Their mother walked out on them when they were very young, leaving their father to raise all 5 of them. Faith and Charity are twins and they had 3 brothers, Chris, Matt and Daniel. Matthew was a very solemn person, but he had a heart of gold. He used to annoy the crap out of us with his constant guitar but now it seems like "man, if we could just hear him play" ya know? Once, Matt played a song for me by the Christian group Big Tent Revival called Please Forgive Them. Here are the lyrics to it and if you get a chance to hear it, listen to it. Rest in peace Matthew, we love you our red headed angel (thanks for listening to my ramblings)

Upon the cross of Calvary
My precious Savior died for me
And for our sin, He shed His blood
And by His love He prayed to God

Chorus
Father please forgive them, they know not what they do
I will be the sacrifice, for all they've done to You
Turn Your wrath upon me Lord, Your one and only son
Please forgive them
They know not what they've done

All the shame the Savior bore
That even God could look no more
The sins of future, now, and past
He paid it all, and breathed His last

Chorus

But the grave could not hold Him
For He that knew no sin has died and rose again
He is alive
And He stands before the King of Kings and cries

Chorus

by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 10:17 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
kaylasmom9
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 10:25 AM

I am so for their loss.  I to lost my brother at a young age, he was 27.  I know how hard it can be, especially when they are responsible for their own death.

Proudbirthmom06
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 10:30 AM

Thank you for your condolences mama. I just don't really know how to react, ya know? I mean, I don't know what I would do if one of my siblings passed, I'd probably go crazy.

Quoting kaylasmom9:

I am so for their loss.  I to lost my brother at a young age, he was 27.  I know how hard it can be, especially when they are responsible for their own death.

CafeMom Admin
by Ruby Member on Jan. 28, 2009 at 8:55 AM

wave

Hi
Proudbirthmom06,

You may also want to visit these CafeMom Groups:

Advice for Moms

Grief & Loss

If you have a question or would like to share advice with other moms, just click the "Answers" tab at the top of every page on CafeMom. You can use the search bar at the top of every page to search for specific information.

Enjoy the site!
\The CafeMom Admin Team

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)