Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

UPDATE: Fussy Fussy Baby and VERY tired Mommy

Posted by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 10:27 AM
  • 5 Replies

Thank you so much for all your advice.  It is so frustrating to have a baby that you want to console and make things better, and nothing works.  I just want to let you know that I actually got some sleep last night.  I was again at my wits end and had tried most of the things that people had suggested.  I even let him cry for a little while and couldn't bear it, I had to go pick him back up.  I really don't believe three week old babies can be spoiled, but that is what some people have told me. 

I am supposed to be holding his food to 3 ounces every three hours and the Doctors said if I give him more, I am over feeding him.  He came home from the hospital taking 3 ounces.  So last night I went against doctor's advice and gave him more.  I knew he was hungry!!!!  He then slept comfortably without fussing and crying.  I calculated it out and it would be the same amount as if he were to take 3 ounces every 3 hours.  It would be approximately 24 ounces per day.  He just like a fuller belly and to sleep more at a time!.  I should have gone with my instinct.  I hope it works again tonight.

I also think the Gripe water that was suggested, made him more comfortable as well.  And I put a little machine that makes white noise near his bed.  So I don't know if it was one thing or all the things together.  But I really appreciate your help.

Better rested mom

Christina

by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 10:27 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
Babylove135
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 10:31 AM

I missed your original post but I am glad things are a little better for you.  I know how frustrating it can be.  I have 3 kids.  Both my boys slept through the night by the time they were 2 months old then along came my DD who didn't sleep a full night until she was almost 2.  I hope you continue to be able to get some rest!

Come join our group where you can talk about whatever you want with no drama!!     www.cafemom.com/group/BusyB

Justine1123
by Justine on Jan. 27, 2009 at 10:35 AM

I didn't see your other post.. but, a full baby is a happy baby in my opinion yes they can over eat but.. they grow and need it added on.  I feel like sometimes I know whats right for my baby if I fed my baby like the doctor suggested I would have been in hell.. I now have a very happy 7 month old who is just the right size and growing perfect and I feed her whenever shes hungry.  I hope it all works good for you!

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

katie-rose22
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 10:39 AM

I am glad you got some sleep! When I look back and think about how I was up every other hour when my son came home, I don't know how I did it! lol.  I think that is the hardest part of the first year! I didn't see your original post, but sounds like he was just hungry! Glad you guys both got some sleep!  

DaisyAg2003
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 10:40 AM

I always go with my gut. If the baby is acting hungry, feed him. I don't look at how often they eat. Of course I have never bottlefed, but I would think that the baby would know when he/she is hungry.

My youngest is 4 months old and was sleeping through the night.  She hit a growth spurt and she started waking up every 2 hours to nurse.  Last night was the first night that she slept for more than 1 1/2 hours in a week.  I know what it is like to be extremely exhausted beyond words...of course it doesn't help that the weather is icky!

CafeMom Admin
by Ruby Member on Jan. 28, 2009 at 9:02 AM

wave

Hi Costac

You may also want to visit these CafeMom Groups:

Advice for Moms

After Pregnancy: Babies & Toddlers

If you have a question or would like to share advice with other moms, just click the "Answers" tab at the top of every page on CafeMom. You can use the search bar at the top of every page to search for specific information.

Enjoy the site!
\The CafeMom Admin Team

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)