Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mommas, I have a car seat question

Posted by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 10:40 AM
  • 5 Replies

I have a 2 year old, and her seat is in the center of the car. I will have to put a second seat in the car soon and I need advice on where I should put them. Should I move the older child to the side and keep the baby in the center? Should I put one next to each door so they don't irritate each other? Also, I have a really small car so I am not sure if I will be able to fit the seats in there with one in the center. All suggestions are appreciated.

Stephanie

by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 10:40 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
ColinsMommy07
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 10:45 AM

Not sure.....so here's a bump for ya! :)

"Sometimes I do get to places just when God's ready to have somebody click the shutter." Ansel Adams"

Justine1123
by Justine on Jan. 27, 2009 at 10:49 AM

When my daughter was born she sat on the passenger side in the back only place she would fit I had a little 2 seater NOW I have a van and she sits driver side behind me,.. I dunno if thats right but, I think i've always heard driver side and the first row ony has 2 seats but, if I had two kids there were younger and only one seat I would put them on either side.  I don't know if thats "correct" but, its what I would do. 

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

maddys_mommy_ny
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 11:05 AM

thanks ladies, anyone else got any advice? I want to keep both of my little ones safe.

Veela
by Bronze Member on Jan. 27, 2009 at 11:19 AM
Quoting maddys_mommy_ny:

thanks ladies, anyone else got any advice? I want to keep both of my little ones safe.

when my 1st was born (4 nd a half years ago) he was in the center... when my 2nd was about to be born we asked the people when we bought the new carseat what to do..

THEY said his seat wasn't supposed to be in the center anyway... and to put the new baby on the passenger side and move his seat to the driver's side.

when I had my third... well we had to get a minivan, LOL.
Photobucketbreastfeeding Pictures, Images and Photos

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Food Diary

hurleydoll18
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 11:40 AM

Is your two yr old rear or forward facing?  The reason I ask is because, in an ideal situation, it is safer for the forward facing child to be in the safest position in the vehicle, which would be the center.  IF you can get the seats side by side, it would be best to have the forward facing child in the middle and the rear facing baby outerboard.  Depending on the size of your backseat and the current seats you are using, getting them side by side may be impossible.  If that is the case then it is safest to have them in the outerboard positions and leaving the center empty.  If both children are rear facing, it doesn't matter how you configure them so long as both seats are installed properly and are being used properly. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)