Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

HELP!!! Question about Baptism!!

Posted by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 10:43 AM
  • 11 Replies

Good morning ladies!!!! I was hoping one of you or many of you could answer a question about my sons baptism.

His Dad and I chose the 2 people that we want as Colin's God Parents.

My question is this, are we supposed to get a gift for the God parents? I'm not sure what to do here so any and all replies are welcome!!

Thanks so much for your time!

Leslie

"Sometimes I do get to places just when God's ready to have somebody click the shutter." Ansel Adams"

by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 10:43 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
DaisyAg2003
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 10:46 AM

I never have for the Baptism.  I have my brothers and sisters as god-parents for our kids.  They got the baby something for the Baptism...a little rosary, a little prayer bear, etc., but we never got them anything.

MommyJenn118
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 10:48 AM

I think that you are technically suppossed to. I am having my DD baptised at teh end of Feb. I don't think we are going gifts however. I wouldn't even know what to give.

3armycuties
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 10:49 AM

I haven't gotten the God-parents anything at the time of the baptism but I have sent cards and presents on the appropriate holidays/birthdays.

VerucaSallt
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 10:51 AM

I believe so.  That's how I've always done it.  It doesn't have to be expensive, just thoughtful.

heidi_val
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 10:52 AM

We gave my sons godparents a frame with my sons baptism pic in it. We found a really  nice poem. I'll go find it an post it.

cmc76
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 10:53 AM

You are supost to but you can do whatever you want. :-)

heidi_val
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 10:55 AM

http://www.poetrygift.com/giftforgodparent.html

this is the website I got the poem from. We bought nicer paper(rather than regular paper you'd print on), we carefully cut out the hole for the picture and placed in the frame. It came out nice.

momkelly2
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 11:32 AM

what does your family and friend traditionally do?

My family and friends don't and neither did we.   

I have two God sons and I didn't get a gift from either set of parents.     and didn't feel I should have.. to me the honor was mine.

Catherine 
There is no MD after my name..  
 I am just a mom with a lot of experience raising ADHD kids.... LOL

ColinsMommy07
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 11:34 AM

thanks ladies!!! You've been a big help!!

ColinsMommy07
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 11:35 AM

wonderful idea!! Thank you soooooo much!! :)

Quoting heidi_val:

http://www.poetrygift.com/giftforgodparent.html

this is the website I got the poem from. We bought nicer paper(rather than regular paper you'd print on), we carefully cut out the hole for the picture and placed in the frame. It came out nice.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)