Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

tooth fairy...

Posted by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 10:49 AM
  • 15 Replies

So....my daughter lost her first tooth today.  So...what does the tooth fairy leave for your kids?  I have heard just money...little toys...candy...   I was thinking $10 and a candy bar?  $10 because its her first so its special...we will go down to $5 from here on out.

by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 10:49 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
judy_bug08
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 10:52 AM

i posted the same question when my son lost his first tooth and alot of people said like $10 or $5..i rememeber when i was a kid, i would get a quarter...lol. I leave my son $2...the first i think was $3 though. And his "silver teeth" (he has 6 crowns) are worth more, but he hasn't lost them yet....i told him the tooth fairy would probably give him more since they are silver...and i figured since he went through out-patient surgery for them, he would get more....lol.

MommaRose98
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 10:54 AM

My toothfairy is really cheap. She only leaves a dollar. It is more the excitement of finding money than anything else. My kids usually bought a candybar with it the next time we went to the grocery store. I'm just old fashioned I guess. When I was growing up we got a quarter. Yes, I'm old. :0)

siobhan21
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 10:57 AM

I made a big deal out of the first one...I went out and bought a little toy (just a dinky $1 or $2 something, like silly putty) and put it in a bag with the $5 bill...I wrote a note from her to my son saying to keep brushing his teeth, that I (the toothfairy) was proud of him, etc...I sprinkled "fairy dust" (glitter) on the windowsill from where she "landed" and sprinkled some on the bedside table by the present.  I know this isn't traditional but it was too fun to resist!

big smile mini

DnC0203

LOL WELL THIS TOOTHFAIRY WOULD ONLY GIVE A DOLLAR FOR EVERY TOOTH BUT DAMN IF THE TOOTHFAIRY NEVER HAS CASH ON HER WHEN THE TOOTH COMES OUT. SO WITH THAT BEING SAID.. THE NEAREST ATMS DEPENDING ON WHICH ARE OPEN AFTER THE KIDS GO TO BED EITHER GET 10$ OR 20$. BUT ON A SERIOUS NOTE I THINK THAT IS WAY RIDICULOUS LOL. SINCE THEY STARTED FALLING OUT LIKE FLIES I'VE CUT IT DOWN TO 1$ PER TOOTH BECAUSE MY SON LOST 2 ONE NIGHT AND ANOTHER THE NEXT. 5$ A TOOTH.. NAWWW. I'VE BEEN MAKING SURE WHEN THEY HAVE LOOSE TEETH TO GET CASH AND CHANGE FOR IT AT SOME POINT DURING THE DAY BECAUSE THE FIRST FEW TEETH THAT THEY LOST THEY ENDED UP LIKE I SAID WITH EITHER 10 OR 20$ FOR A TOOTH.

jennymitchell

You think you're cheap?  We only give our kids 50 cents!!  Unless the tooth fairy forgets, which she did once.  Then, they get $1.  Oh well, it gets my kids excited!

Quoting MommaRose98:

My toothfairy is really cheap. She only leaves a dollar. It is more the excitement of finding money than anything else. My kids usually bought a candybar with it the next time we went to the grocery store. I'm just old fashioned I guess. When I was growing up we got a quarter. Yes, I'm old. :0)

CoachyMom
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 10:58 AM

Quoting judy_bug08:

i posted the same question when my son lost his first tooth and alot of people said like $10 or $5..i rememeber when i was a kid, i would get a quarter...lol. I leave my son $2...the first i think was $3 though. And his "silver teeth" (he has 6 crowns) are worth more, but he hasn't lost them yet....i told him the tooth fairy would probably give him more since they are silver...and i figured since he went through out-patient surgery for them, he would get more....lol.

My son lost his first tooth.  I gave him two dollars and all the other teeth are worth one dollar.  For myself, I thought two dollars was a great amount.  I think 10 or 15 is a bit much!  My son does not think money is important.  He has had the same 5 or 6 one dollar bills (my parents send him cards with one dollar bills for like valentines day and st pattys day and stuff) forever. He doesn't ask for a lot of stuff either.  He is pretty content on what he has. 

joeynwillsmom
by Silver Member on Jan. 27, 2009 at 11:00 AM

We left $5 for the first tooth, 3 for the next one and now it has been 2 for the rest. Except for the one that was sooo loose and hubby had to pull it, he got $5 for that one and came downstairs all excited saying he got "bonus" dollars because it was hard to pull..lol

Sirenabella
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 11:01 AM

My son gets $1 per tooth. Other parents can do what they will but I think $5-20 for a tooth is going a bit overboard.

judy_bug08
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 11:02 AM

my son is the same way. He loves to get money, and as long as he makes straight A's on his report cards and does all his chores without us telling him to, then he get money each week usually $5) and he will save it. At one time, he had close to $50 or $60....but he saves it up until he finds something he really wants and then he will use it...and he usually gets his little brother and sister a small cheap toy too....he can be such a sweet heart...lol.

Quoting CoachyMom:

Quoting judy_bug08:

My son lost his first tooth.  I gave him two dollars and all the other teeth are worth one dollar.  For myself, I thought two dollars was a great amount.  I think 10 or 15 is a bit much!  My son does not think money is important.  He has had the same 5 or 6 one dollar bills (my parents send him cards with one dollar bills for like valentines day and st pattys day and stuff) forever. He doesn't ask for a lot of stuff either.  He is pretty content on what he has. 

SotilSol
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 11:05 AM

Whole dollars?!

I got anywhere from $0.25 to $0.50 per tooth, lol (and I am fairly young).

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)