Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Tax question

Posted by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 10:53 AM
  • 7 Replies

So DH and I filed taxes last week. DH got an e-mail saying that our filing had been accepted by the IRS. So now here's the question...How long does it take to actually receive our refund? We are having it Directly deposited. Any ideas?

by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 10:53 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
bxbsmommy
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 10:58 AM

if you did rapid refund  online it should be two weeks i believe.

mommyslate
by Silver Member on Jan. 27, 2009 at 10:59 AM

If you look online at IRS.Gov they have a refund CALENDAR that will tell you based on the date you filed, and it was accepted when your refund will be deposited.  I thought I had the link saved but I don't...it should be easy to find

sillymom3
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 11:03 AM

this is the longest we have had to wait for our, it will be 2 weeks Friday, BUT the didn't even start accepting until the 16th and I think we did ours a day or 2 before...IRS says we should have it by the 3rd, I am hoping to have it Friday which is when the calendar on their site says our should be deposited, and our bank doesn't make us wait for DD ever....so hopefully the 30th. I think if you did your taxes between like the 16th and the 22 or something you should have it deposted by the 30th. I think that's what the date was on the calendar I could be off a day or two...

joeynwillsmom
by Silver Member on Jan. 27, 2009 at 11:05 AM

If you filed and it was accepted by last Thursday, then you should recieve it THIS Friday, if it was accepted after Thursday, then you should recieve it NEXT Friday.

MommyTo2Boyz
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 11:06 AM

Quoting joeynwillsmom:

If you filed and it was accepted by last Thursday, then you should recieve it THIS Friday, if it was accepted after Thursday, then you should recieve it NEXT Friday.

3armycuties

Thank you Mommas! DH is having surgery on Monday and there are a few things he wanted to take care of before then. If it's not there, then I can always take care of it later...ie getting twin beds for our daughters. But thank you again, You've been so helpful!!!!!!!!wink

JenMc54

When I did mine last year, it came back in less than two weeks

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)