Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Anyone with Frizzy hair?? What kind of hair cut do you have??

Posted by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 11:01 AM
  • 9 Replies

My hair is not straight or curly, it's just FRIZZY!!! I hate it because I can never style it without it taking a long time..... I'm about to go get my hair cut and styled, and I dont know what I want..... What kind of hair cut/style do you have???

Mommy to a lil Princess....
Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 11:01 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
zillionaire
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 11:03 AM

I wear my hair long, because the extra weight seems to keep my hair from getting frizzy.   I have long layers around my face, and a blunt cut across the back.  I never, ever use a blow dryer.  Also, I use Suave smoothing shampoo and conditioner.  It helps with the frizz, but it makes my hair kinda limp.  We can't win, can we?

melamommy24
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 11:04 AM

I have super frizzy hair. Right now my hair is shorter with a little bit of layering. (About an inch past my shoulders.) I use either Curls Rock, Kerstase's curl system (but that one is EXPENSIVE), or an intensive hold gel with hairspray. It makes my frizz turn into controlled curl. (I blow dry it on low heat with a diffuser.)

It's important to blow dry the hair on low heat - anything more will cause more frizz. I forgot to mention, I use the Curls Rock shampoo and conditioner as it also has frizz control. But again, it's pricey. (My mom is a stylist so I get it a little cheaper.)

heidi_val
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 11:06 AM

I have  very thick. frizzy  hair. it's cut above my shoulders and layered. I use herbal essences "none of your frizzness" shampoo and conditioner and it really works. My hair has never been softer

karabearblu
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 11:07 AM

Right now I am growing my hair long again, but my hair is curly, thick and frizzy all in one. Here is how I cut my hair a few years ago:

I am on the left. I got it layered and it helped a lot with the frizz. I also use Biolage Gelee on it after I take a shower and I let it air dry all the time instead of blow drying it. here's how I am growing it back out:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Group Owner of: Bored Moms

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

SGJsmom
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 11:07 AM

Use product and use your frizz to your advantage. Ask your hairstylist for some suggestions. I put this anti frizz serum in my hair and it really helps. It also make my hair soft and it smells really good. I have always been told to not go to short or that will make it worse.

Purtyred
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 11:11 AM

Have you ever tried gel AND spray gel? I use regular gel when my hair is wet...then do my other bathroom stuff...about 5 minutes or so...then use spray gel and scrunch a little. My hair is extremely frizzy without gel.

I've used a lot of different kinds. Herbal Essence was my favorite until they changed their products.

Now I'm using Aussie Sydney Smooth Gel and Aussome Volume Spray Gel

Josslynsmommy
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 11:13 AM

Mine gets really frizzy, especially in the summer!  Right now it's right about my shoulders with a lot of layering and side swept bangs. I use a blow dryer and straightener every day-takes about 20 minutes. Afterwards I use the 'bed head After party'-it works AWESOME!! The days that I wear it curly I use Garnier Fructise curl contructing mousse- when I get out of the shower I throw it up in the towel and then a few minutes later I take it down, DONT BRUSH IT, then put the mousse in and let it just air dry. It looks really cute!

Here it is straight:

...and curly

nomadbrat83
by Platinum Member on Jan. 27, 2009 at 11:15 AM

My has long layers and I usually have her thin out the back to take off some of the weight.

Purtyred
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 11:15 AM

My hair looks like a combed horse tail if I straighten it...haha!

I can't use mousse either...never works for me.

Your hair is really cute though!!

Quoting Josslynsmommy:

Mine gets really frizzy, especially in the summer!  Right now it's right about my shoulders with a lot of layering and side swept bangs. I use a blow dryer and straightener every day-takes about 20 minutes. Afterwards I use the 'bed head After party'-it works AWESOME!! The days that I wear it curly I use Garnier Fructise curl contructing mousse- when I get out of the shower I throw it up in the towel and then a few minutes later I take it down, DONT BRUSH IT, then put the mousse in and let it just air dry. It looks really cute!

Here it is straight:

...and curly

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)