Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

very serious subject

Posted by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 11:02 AM
  • 11 Replies

this is for mommas that have chosen abortion.  why did you choose abortion and not adoption?  this is not a bashing post,and you have done what was right for you. i am curious because i could never choose it personally but i want to seriously understand how someone could.           

(someone said to me once that they choose abortion because she did not want someone else with her baby and she didn't want it. but that sounds extreamly selfish to me, and i don't think everyone is that selfish) thank you for helping me understand.

****i asked in the answers section, for moms 2 b anonymous***

by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 11:02 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Kat770
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 11:04 AM

I haven't, because it isn't a choice I could live with, but maybe if you ask this under the "Answers" section, you'll get more response-- moms can post anonymously there.

honey5
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 11:06 AM

good idea thanks!

Quoting Kat770:

I haven't, because it isn't a choice I could live with, but maybe if you ask this under the "Answers" section, you'll get more response-- moms can post anonymously there.

lovinmommiehood
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 11:07 AM

I haven't had one either....but I do not think this will be  a nice post....

armyvetmommy
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 11:07 AM

good idea.  i always forget about that section.  i've never had one, either, but my sister recently had one.  she was a lot further along than most women who have abortions.  she got one because she was mad at the baby's father and she literally said to me "girl, i'm not done partyin'!!!".  i was blown away.  i'm sorry but in my opinion, that's selfish, hence the reason we don't really speak anymore.  i mean i didn't go off on her and i didn't say ANYTHING rude or judgemental to her, but i pleaded with her to adopt and she said "nah, that wouldn't be good for ME".  sorry to go off just then, it happened kind of recently so it's still something i'm bothered by.

Quoting Kat770:

I am a U.S Army Combat Veteran of OIF

Kat770
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 11:10 AM

aw, sorry to hear about that... :(

Quoting armyvetmommy:

good idea.  i always forget about that section.  i've never had one, either, but my sister recently had one.  she was a lot further along than most women who have abortions.  she got one because she was mad at the baby's father and she literally said to me "girl, i'm not done partyin'!!!".  i was blown away.  i'm sorry but in my opinion, that's selfish, hence the reason we don't really speak anymore.  i mean i didn't go off on her and i didn't say ANYTHING rude or judgemental to her, but i pleaded with her to adopt and she said "nah, that wouldn't be good for ME".  sorry to go off just then, it happened kind of recently so it's still something i'm bothered by.

Quoting Kat770:

SGJsmom
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 11:14 AM

I did it because it was the right decision for me. I spoke to a counselor first, so I knew what I was getting into. I would do it again, but I don't advocate it.

armyvetmommy
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 11:18 AM

oh thank you, it's going to get better with time.  i just love babies sooooo much, it could have been my neice or nephew.  it hurts me a little to be honest.  and it's not like she's unemployed and 18 years old and worried about not being able to raise a baby, the woman is 24 and makes a very good income and owns her own house.  ugh!  we're just in two totally different places right now.  i'm a family woman and a Christian and a mother and a republican, etc.   she's a party girl and dates drug dealers and is constantly (i mean CONSTANTLY) having unprotected sex with men she doesn't know.  most of them are married.  she's doing it so often that every 6 months she's running to get an HIV test.  it breaks my heart, and i know i'm going off on it right now, but i think it's still hard for me to let go of the bitterness towards her.

Quoting Kat770:

aw, sorry to hear about that... :(

Quoting armyvetmommy:

Quoting Kat770:

Peanutx3
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 11:21 AM

I did it because at the time it seemed to be my only option.  I couldn't bear to tell my parents that I was pregnant.  I would not do it again.  It ripped my heart apart.  I would not tell someone else they couldn't have an abortion but I would counsel against it.

armyvetmommy
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 11:26 AM

my best friend christa had one, and then 3 years later she got pregnant again and decided to keep the baby.  she said she didn't feel bad about the abortion until after she became a mother.  do you think that's true for a lot of other women who have abortions and then become mothers after the fact? 

Quoting Peanutx3:

I did it because at the time it seemed to be my only option.  I couldn't bear to tell my parents that I was pregnant.  I would not do it again.  It ripped my heart apart.  I would not tell someone else they couldn't have an abortion but I would counsel against it.

josmama
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 11:27 AM

I did it because I was 14 and was raped and it was decided between my parents and my boyfriends parents (my beloved boyfriend raped me not someone else) and me, I didn't really want to but saw no other option at the time, I went to counseling and talked to many people (with confidence) that had had one or knew about them, I spent time researching but in the end it was best for me at 14, I couldn't bare having that man apart it its life. I would not and could not do it again.I have a beautiful baby girl right now and I'm very happy to have her. I do think about the "what ifs" but I try not to because that makes things worse, but I know what is done is done and now I just have to give my reasons to God when the time comes. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)