Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Can You Saftely Lose Weight While Pregnant???

Posted by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 11:08 AM
  • 13 Replies

I am on my second baby and i have already gained so much weight and i need to do something about it. i mean i still have half a year to go. it has slowly been bothering me, but really bothered me yesterday. I was talking to my grandma on the phone she asked how i was doing and asked if i was showing yet. i told her yes. which i am. you can definitely tell i am pregnant and she asked how far along i am i said i just hit 3 months and she was all omg you better be careful it's harder to lose the weight after the second one then it is the first and you better start watching your weight and i knew that but now i'm really nervous. i don't know where all this weight came from so fast. i didn't start showing with my son till i was 6 months. i knnow you start showing earlier with your second but not this early and this much i'm sure. so someone please not bashing i just need advice and support. thanks

Make money with cahcrate. Take surveys and get easy money. http://www.cashcrate.com/1026689 . Any questions I can help. Click and start earning money now. Quick and easy

by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 11:08 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Jademom07
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 11:11 AM

Depending on if you had much weight to lose before you got pregnant, you can.  Make sure that you talk to your doc and get some advise. It may just be as simple as counting calories and watching what you eat, maybe add a small walk into your day.  Good luck but make sure you talk to the doc first.

krazynellie
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 11:13 AM

It is harder to loose weight with the second baby. If you exercise and watch what you eat. You won't loose or gain. Then after the baby is born you will see that u did loose weight. Depending on your size you can be pregnant and not gain any weight or a very minimal amount.

Do you want someone to talk to laste at night when you can't sleep? Click my siggy to join:

Do you love showing off your kids and the different things they do? Click my siggy and join now!

AandCsmomBrandy
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 11:15 AM

I think that if you start eating healthy ( cut out sugary drinks, junk food, and sweets) and start getting more active then you should be fine. I had been on the depo shot for a few years before I got pregnant with this baby and I gained 60 pounds. I was 196 at conception. I am 36weeks pregnant and I weigh 190. I have only lost weight. I go to the OB tomorrow and we are discussing induction next week because we believe the baby is at least 9 lbs. so yes you can manage your weight and have a healthy baby!!! good luck =)

KaylaMillar
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 11:15 AM

I don't know how true this is, but my MIL told me that walking everyday while pregnant will help you maintain your weight and you can even loose up to 2 dress sizes.  Also if you were working out before you got pregnant its okay to maintain some activitys.  But if you get pregnant and then decide to work out, its not recommended.

piwife
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 11:16 AM

well with my secondi stared to show at 4 months. but are you sure you arent just bloated. i looked like i was 6 months at 3 months but i was just bloated. andthen it when back down and a couple of weeks later is when i started to show.

I am a feed your baby what you want, public bf supported,pro-life,pro immigration, lover of animals. co-sleeping ,vaccinating, gun supporter, colombain girl in love with a us. marine (aka my hubby' mistress)
HuntersMomee
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 11:21 AM

morning sickness works for me... haha j/k ( but seriously im losing weight from it )

BUT besides that... i have started popping out around 8 weeks and by 12 i looked pregnant. BUT i haven't gained any weight. i actually lost 3 pounds by then. so just because you are showing doesn't necessarily mean you are gaining a lot. im almost to 16 weeks now and im really getting out there... havent weighed my self lately... i just usually wait until my next appointment.

and for it being harder to lose after the second one, i have heard the complete opposite. a lot of people i know ended up smaller than after their first. so i think it just depends on the person.

our new baby is either going to be Keira Lynn or Ean (undecided middle) 

sarahtaj
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 11:37 AM

I know i'm gaining weight and not just bloated or just popping out cause i'm getting wide too and thickening up everywhere. i was def working out pretty good before i got pregnant but then have stopped for a few weeks because i have just been soooo tired lately which is another reason why i think i am just gaining weight so fdo you think it would be ok to start going to the gym again even though i took a few weeks off to be a tired lazy pregnant lady?

Make money with cahcrate. Take surveys and get easy money. http://www.cashcrate.com/1026689 . Any questions I can help. Click and start earning money now. Quick and easy

stressed_in_ar
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 11:41 AM

I lost weight with both of my boys... I was already thick to begin with... The doc said it was ok for me because i was already bigger than I should be... After I had my second son I lost 25lbs...

armyvetmommy
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 11:44 AM

yeah that's what i've read, too.  i was about 10 lbs over weight when i got pregnant with my first and i lost all of it naturally without trying in the first 5 months of pregnancy.  i just recently read that if you conceive when you're already over weight, sometimes your body will adjust accordingly (given that you mainting a healthy life style)

Quoting KaylaMillar:

I don't know how true this is, but my MIL told me that walking everyday while pregnant will help you maintain your weight and you can even loose up to 2 dress sizes.  Also if you were working out before you got pregnant its okay to maintain some activitys.  But if you get pregnant and then decide to work out, its not recommended.

I am a U.S Army Combat Veteran of OIF

SGJsmom
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 11:45 AM

Make sure you consult your doctor. You could talk to a nutritionist to make sure you are getting what you need for the baby and you to be healthy. I have walked while I am pregnant. I had GD with my last child, so I had to check my blood regularly and be on a special diet. I lost weight safely and I didn't have to be put on insulin. I continued to lose weight after the baby was born, because I was already use to the diet and we continued the walking until I could do more. Good luck mama...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)