Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

WHAT THE HELL!!!!

Posted by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 11:40 AM
  • 12 Replies

Ok, some of you may not think this is a big deal, but I was just walking into the room where my kids are watching tv and they are watching the wiggles (they ususally don't because they get on my nerves) and they had these three girls dong some kind of dance and one of them kicked so high you could see her panties.....in the front.   Straight on crotch shot!  My one year old and three year were watching this mess and my three year old goes "OH, MOMMY, I SAW HER PANTIES, NOT NICE!"

JOIN MY NEW GROUP SHIFTWORK.  FOR  SHIFTWORKERS AND WIFES OF SHIFTWORKERS

by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 11:40 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mamabear99
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 11:42 AM

It's just unbelievable what is on TV now.  Things that were only seen on more adult shows are now on public television.  I really have to screen what my kids watch and sometimes I will turn the show off myself.

AbbyTomsmom
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 11:47 AM

The thing is is that this IS a children's program.  Why wouldn't they reshoot that while they were shooting.  Sometimes I wonder if they put that stuff in on purpose to see if they can get it passed us mommie.  Well, playhouse disney will be getting an email today and a phonecall when I can figure out how to get ahold of them.  I shouldn't have to screen programs for kids.

Quoting mamabear99:

It's just unbelievable what is on TV now.  Things that were only seen on more adult shows are now on public television.  I really have to screen what my kids watch and sometimes I will turn the show off myself.

AandCsmomBrandy
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 11:48 AM

they are bloomers! girls wear them over thier underwear.

citychic92
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 11:49 AM

Thats crazy!! I remeber when there was NEVER anything like that on tv. Especially on Disney.

AbbyTomsmom
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 11:51 AM

It doesn't matter.  She wasn't a cheerleader, thier dresses were kinda long and you could see her crotch area.  I don't think that is ok for my kids, great if you do, but a 3 year old can't distinquish between panties and bloomers, besides they are underwear no matter what and the other two girls dancing next to her didn't show off thier undies.

Quoting AandCsmomBrandy:

they are bloomers! girls wear them over thier underwear.

kayla1028
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 11:54 AM

i don't like to admit it, but once upon a time i was a cheerleader. we wore things over our underwear so when we kicked and did cart wheels our underwear would not be showing. i was also in dance and same thing there. when we had different costumes to wear for the recitals some came with underwear cover-ups. they are no different then buying your infant daughter a dress that comes with those little diaper cover-ups. its the same concept only for older kids.

RmeWifey01
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 11:56 AM

If your DD thinks THAT'S not nice, listen to this. At my DH's family's Christmas party, his 10 y/o niece was rocking back and forth in 1 of those video-gaming chairs with a dress and tights on. Her mom's male cousin was sitting there watching her do this, and the child had tights but no panties on. I said to her, 'Kayla close your legs and pull your dress down, sit like a lady', and she said 'why Auntie?' . I was so embarrassed for her. Apparently SIL has never taught her how to sit with a dress on in front of males.

AbbyTomsmom
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 11:57 AM

NOT A KID DANCING, A FULL SIZED GROWN WOMAN! I was in dance too, but that is not a children's television show and there are reasons for little girls to have cover ups.  If there dresses were long enouph to cover they couldn't move thier little legs.

Quoting kayla1028:

i don't like to admit it, but once upon a time i was a cheerleader. we wore things over our underwear so when we kicked and did cart wheels our underwear would not be showing. i was also in dance and same thing there. when we had different costumes to wear for the recitals some came with underwear cover-ups. they are no different then buying your infant daughter a dress that comes with those little diaper cover-ups. its the same concept only for older kids.

AbbyTomsmom
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 12:04 PM

Oh my.  That poor little girl.  I am afraid our values are flying out the window with the more things that I see are acceptable by moms these days.  I must say that if my daughter stays on this path she will most likely be considered the class prude.  I don't care though, I would actually like that.  I want her to stay innocent as long as possible.

Quoting RmeWifey01:

If your DD thinks THAT'S not nice, listen to this. At my DH's family's Christmas party, his 10 y/o niece was rocking back and forth in 1 of those video-gaming chairs with a dress and tights on. Her mom's male cousin was sitting there watching her do this, and the child had tights but no panties on. I said to her, 'Kayla close your legs and pull your dress down, sit like a lady', and she said 'why Auntie?' . I was so embarrassed for her. Apparently SIL has never taught her how to sit with a dress on in front of males.

Jezzabelle718
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 12:09 PM

yes i do not think that is a big deal, but sorry it upset you!  here's a bump!

Jezzabelle718.gif picture by Greyhoundgirl1977

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)