Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Damage from the Ice Storm so far....pics

Posted by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 11:57 AM
  • 10 Replies

Well here is some of the damage from the damn ice storm the trees are steadily falling.  We are a few of the people in this entire area with power.  We are going to be slammed tonight with this stuff again.  It hasnt stopped with the freezing rain.  As you can see these are trees that have broken and mangled my fence.  My poor dogs are going crazy.  I can stand at the door or watch tv and hear linbs snapping.  I dont expect that we will have power tonight...it has gone out once already and came back on.  Our town is literally the only one with power for like 20 miles.

Oh yeah this is Southeast Missouri.

by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 11:57 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
katie-rose22
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 12:00 PM

Wow! That is crazy!  Where do you live? I am in Cleveland, Ohio and we had a storm like that a few months ago.  It was really bad as well! I think ice is worse than snow.  It is so dangerous! I hope you get to keep you power.

rarara11

Oh man...I'm in Ohio and we are just getting the snow end of that.  I hope it doesn't get much worse than that for you.

SkysMom3808

omg where are you located??

joledalynn
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 12:02 PM

In Southeast Missouri....hit hard by the ice.

mememomster
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 12:02 PM

Wow, sorry your going thru this! And to think I was complaining about sub zero weather. I think I'll take the cold before an ice storm like that! Hope you can keep your power. Try to stay warm!!

misspixie67
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 12:05 PM

I"m in Ky we have snow an ice and they are warning us of more ice to come, I"m getting batteries and candles ready and thanking God for our wood burning stove.

Doudy2148
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 12:06 PM

Yeah, I am in NW Arkansas and we had about 10 trees fall on our house through the night... :(

MAyers
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 12:08 PM

OMG! I'm so sorry this is happening to you. We got some ice not a lot. We're expecting more tonight.

rarara11
by on Jan. 28, 2009 at 11:43 AM

Do you have any updates?  I'm assuming you may not have power. 

mae_01_sw
by on Jan. 28, 2009 at 11:48 AM

I'm in Southern Ohio and we've got snow and some ice, probably more tonight. I still have electric but right next door and across the street are out, so I'm lucky. My BIL's mom lives down the road and the electric company told them it could be out until up to 2 weeks. I hope I keep mine but at least I heat with gas and I also cook with gas so that is a plus!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)