Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

jail ?

Posted by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 12:14 PM
  • 5 Replies

short story: one of the girls from my girl scout troop"s mom is in jail. i don't want this little girl to go to foster care. can i call the jail and give her a message?  i want to tell her i'd care for her but i don't know how to get a hold of her.

by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 12:14 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
JAX_Mami
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 12:17 PM

you can try or call and ask what their visiting hours are. that's very sweet of you and I hope it works out. good luck!

BUT

nanaT2
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 12:17 PM

Try calling the Jail, themselves and  see when you can visit to talk with her. If she is in a slump with needing someone to take care of DD, she may let you. Never know

Aleciawalton
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 12:18 PM

A lot of jails will not relay messages to inmates. THe inmates are given the chance to fill out a visitation list for a visit once or twice a week but you have to be on their list!! If you can find someone who is on their list and talk to them about what you are thinking of doing then they can relay the message for you. A lot of jails the inmates can change who is on their visitation list once a month. See if she will cahnge it and place you on it! Good luck!

Aleciawalton
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 12:19 PM

The have access to the phones in the pods they are housed in but they have to call you collect. Seeif a family member she calls can give you her number and se if she will call you.

CafeMom Admin
by Ruby Member on Jan. 28, 2009 at 9:30 AM

wave

Hi honey5

You may also want to visit this CafeMom Group:

Advice for Moms

If you have a question or would like to share advice with other moms, just click the "Answers" tab at the top of every page on CafeMom. You can use the search bar at the top of every page to search for specific information.

Enjoy the site!
\The CafeMom Admin Team

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)