Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

feb is heart month!! plz bump!! thanks

Posted by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 12:15 PM
  • 5 Replies

Were red day on Feb 6 for all the women.

Join with millions of women, as well as companies, organizations and cities across America on National Wear Red Day, Friday, Feb. 6, 2009. By wearing red and making a donation, you'll help the American Heart Association support ongoing research and education about women and heart disease.

Plan a Wear Red Day
It's easy to be a part of this special day. Consider organizing a National Wear Red Day at your workplace, with your faith-based organization, at your community center or in your home. We've made it simple with our free, downloadable tools. Use them anytime of the year to host your own Wear Red Day event. It's a great way to raise awareness and help us fight our No. 1 killer - heart disease.

feb 14 is chd awareness day

February 14th has been observed as 'A Day for Hearts - Congenital Heart Defects (CHD) Awareness Day'.

Congenital Heart Defect Statistics & Facts

Congenital heart defects are America's 1 birth defect. Nearly one of every 100 babies is born with a CHD.

Congenital heart defects are the 1 cause of birth defect related deaths.

This year almost 40,000 babies will be born with a congenital heart defect. 4,000 of them will not live to see their first birthday.

91,000 life years are lost each year in this country due to congenital heart defects.

The cost for inpatient surgery to repair congenital heart defects exceeds $2.2 billion a year.

Congenital heart defects occur frequently and are often life threatening, yet research into them is grossly under funded.

Only one penny of every dollar donated to the American Heart Association goes towards congenital heart defect research.

Of every dollar the government spends on medical funding only a fraction of a penny is directed toward congenital heart defect research.

The Children's Heart Foundation is the only organization strictly created to fund congenital heart defect research.

In the last decade death rates for congenital heart defects have declined by almost 30% due to advances made through research.

The Children's Heart Foundation has directed almost $2 million to 24 different congenital heart defect research projects.

More than 50% of all children born with a congenital heart defect will require at least one invasive surgery in their lifetime.

There are 35 different types of congenital heart defects. Little is known about the cause of most them. There is not yet a cure for any of them.

In the U.S., twice as many children die from congenital heart defects each year than from all forms of childhood cancer combined, yet funding for pediatric cancer research is five times higher than funding for CHD

that time of year!! to raise money for the AHA!!

Unfortunately, too many of us have a loved one affected by heart disease or stroke. To help stop this, I will be walking in this year's Start! Heart Walk benefiting the American Heart Association. I have set a personal goal to raise funds that are needed for critical heart disease and stroke research and education.

You can help me raise funds and protect those you love by making a donation online. Click on the link below to visit my personal donation page where you can make a secure online credit card donation. The Amerian Heart Association's online fundraising website has a minimum donation amount of $25.00. If you prefer a smaller amount, you can do so by sending a check directly to me.

Your donation will make a difference in the fight against our nation's No. 1 and No. 3 killers-heart disease and stroke. Thank you for your support.

Follow This Link to visit my personal web page and help me in my efforts to support American Heart Association - Albany,NY

Some email systems do not support the use of links and therefore this link may not appear to work. If so, copy and paste the following into your browser:
http://heartwalk.kintera.org/albanyny/tjswalkers

by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 12:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
nataliesmommy
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 12:16 PM

bump

centralblu
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 12:24 PM
krisandjakesmom
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 12:25 PM

red ribbon  BUMP

i love my life as a mommy and wifein loveboy n girl               

christy1977
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 1:05 PM

lets make february as big as october for brest cancer month.  Heart disease killes more women then brest cancer. and killes more babies then cancer!!

I were red for my self and for my son. we have chd called tetralogy of fallot.

chd is the #1 birth defect and #1 killerbumppagan 2

christy1977
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 1:54 PM

bump

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)