Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do you think my daughter drank it??

Posted by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 12:16 PM
  • 13 Replies

Ok this memory is still haunting me and no one believes me, this happend over christmas break so it's been awhile but it just popped back into my head and thought i'd ask you girls.

Ok so we went home for 14 days of christmas vacation so of course we bring things with us like dd's sippy cups and all the things she'll need like that....well I had accidently left one of dd's cups over at the in laws house, in the FRIDGE mind you, and it was like half full of milk still...

So hubby and dd go over to his parents house a few days after we had accidently left the cup there, and I had just dropped them off to go run an errand real quick....

When I get back my dd is asking me for more milk, so I see her cup is sitting on the counter and when I pick it up, the milk at the bottom (you know that tiny little bit they can't get out?) Looked like it had started to curdel!! HOW LONG WAS THIS CUP SITTING OUT REALLY?! Uhg, so I try to wash it up as best I can but there was still milk STUCK to this cup, it was so horribly disgusting!!!

What is even more bothersome is the milk in the carton looked THE SAME WAY! Curdeled!!! I can't help but think my in laws are totally ignorant and fed her nasty milk! She never did get sick, or have any nasty poops or anything but uhg, this whole thing just has made me really cringe at the sight of milk now....

So what do you think, do you think she drank the nasty milk since the cup WAS half full and then empty upon my return???

by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 12:16 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Amaris_amor
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 12:20 PM

Oh my gosh I have a similar story! My daughter was about 4 months old and this when me and her father lived together. He never was good about waking up in the middle of the night to make her bottles or feed her I usually always had to do it myself and it usually end in mid-night fights. Well this particular night I MADE him get his ass but and make her a bottle. The next morning I looked at the last bottle he had made and there was googy shit all stuck to the sides!! It couldn't have done that over night! He had grabbed a dirty bottle that had been sitting on the counter and made a new one in that!!! EWW! I was pissed!

So_Devious20
by Be.the.change.♥ on Jan. 27, 2009 at 12:21 PM

I hope not. You in-laws had kids.. I'm sure they'd know better then to give a child spoiled milk. And besides if she drank it.. you'd know. Spoiled milk hurts your stomach!

Mimislove
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 12:21 PM

I doubt it. If it sits long enough, the liquid evaporates. It probably did that.

Not to mention, the taste would be so over whelming, I don't think she could drink it if she wanted to. 

WhiteTigerLily
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 12:22 PM

I would say that it is very likely that she drank it, unless it was a leaky cup and leaked out somewhere......(trying to give you some hope *lol*) I know how you feel, it's gross but she'll probly eat mud or worms on purpose when she is a little older, and that is even more gross lol!! Kid eat some strange things :P

notjstanothrmom
by Ruby Member on Jan. 27, 2009 at 12:22 PM

She likely drank it but obviously she did not get sick from it so I wouldn't be worried.

Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Like to clean? Need to clean? Join my group!

Getting Clean & Staying Clean!

anikahaynes1
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 12:27 PM

See thats what I was thinking!! My dad (who has a bacholors in biology and is super smart) doesn't believ eme  just because she didn't get sick, means she couldn't have drank it...and these are the best cups ive ever used, we've never ever ONCE had a leak in them! So no no hopes of it being a leaky cup!!

my in laws are totally ignorant by the way, my fil sits on his ass all day long and doesn't do anything and mil had a stroke like 20 years ago so her memory is shot! But seriously the milk wasn't expired (supposedly) because it said use by date that haden't happend yet, but they shop at bargin stores so I dont really trust that their products are as fresh....so they just go on assuming that it's chunky and good b/c the date says so! UHG!!

Quoting notjstanothrmom:

She likely drank it but obviously she did not get sick from it so I wouldn't be worried.

Babylove135
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 12:32 PM

That reminds me of something my Grandma did with my DS's sippy cup.  You know the how sippy cups have that little plastic piece in them that keep them from leaking?  Well I had told her a hundred times that if she was going to wash the cup she had to take that little plastic piece out that way the liquid trap up there could come out and be cleaned.  I figured she got my point.  Well, one night I got my DS a cup and put milk in it and he refused to drink it.  He told me it was nasty.  I didn't believe him because it was a new thing of milk and i had already made sure it was good so I grabbed him cup and took a drink... OMG it has has milk in it and my dear Grandma didn't take the plastic piece out of it so I got a mouthful of rotten sour milk.. I thought I was gonna die!  It's so funny now that I think about it but it sure wasn't them!

Come join our group where you can talk about whatever you want with no drama!!     www.cafemom.com/group/BusyB

mommy2holley
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 12:36 PM

My daughter wouldn't have drank it if it were yuck.. she would tell me it's nasty and she is 2.. so I hope your daughter didn't drink it..

ncmommyof3
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 12:41 PM

I don't know but I know my two year old would have told someone it was gross she wouldn't have drank it at all 

Visit my blogs daily! http://motheringthree.today.com/  and http://motheringmadesimple.today.com/ 

"It's not just a physical attraction, I love him for every single thing he is. Every word he says, every step he takes. This is something that will never die."

monkeysmom21006
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 12:48 PM

It's possible she drank it. They could have just poured it out though. My son got ahold of a cup that had nasty milk in it, and without me realizing he tried to drink it. He spit it out right away and said "YUCK!"

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)