Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do you ever wonder if your DH is really from his family?

Posted by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 12:22 PM
  • 7 Replies

I seriously wonder sometimes if there wasn't a mix up at the hospital when my DH was born. His family, mother, brother and sister are all about the poor-me's!

His brother is only 4 days older than my brother and has alot of medical issues. He's 27 and has had a pace-maker for about 3 or 4 years. He was born with a heart issue so it wasn't a big suprise when he got it. But he's all about "Well I'm not perfect like D." I have looked at him ever time he's said that and said I live with your brother and he's not perfect! But he doesn't sit around and say poor-me when things don't go his way either. My DH has a heart murmur but it isn't that bad since he was able to join the Army with it.

Then my SIL ACTUALLY admitted to me that when she was pregnant with her son, she tried to cause a natural abortion. She ate things that she thought could cause her to lose the baby. EXCUSE ME? Are you seriously telling me this? I was 17 at the time and just barely dating my DH. Also while DH was in Iraq the last time, I always told her what was going on with him. If he had a cold or just cut his hand, I would tell her. She works at Wal-mart and I was there all the time, so I would seek her out and let her know what was going on. Well DH woke up one morning and his face was swollen. He went to sick call and they couldnt' find out what was going on. With him having a heart murmur they watched it very closely and if they couldn't get it under control, they were going to send him out of Iraq. Well I told her this just so she would know what was up. A day or two later, he was fine and they figured he had been bit by something. A week later, I ran into her and she was like how's my brother? I told her fine and she asked again. I was like he's fine and I would let you know if something was up. She ACTUALLY HAD the NERVE to say "I hope so but I don't know for sure you would". Are you kidding me? I have told you EVERYTHING GOING ON. Just because you wouldn't doesn't mean I wouldn't. I even go to her house even though she has cats and I'm allergic. Stupid idiot!

His mother...omg! She's a hot mess! DH and I know things about her and her sex life that we SHOULDN'T KNOW! I know there are people out there who are very open about sex and that I don't have a problem with but to tell your son and his wife some of the crap you've done...that's beyond eww! On top of that, when DH was getting ready to go BACK to Iraq for the second time, we went home to visit our families since this would be the last time he would see them until R&R. (The night before we went to say Good-bye because we were heading home, we found out my cousin lost her DH in Iraq.) Anyway, we were getting ready to head out when his mother looked at him and said "If anything happens to you, you're not being buried in Arlington!" DH told me to get in the car and he would handle it. And he did. He told her about my cousin's DH and that he was being buried in Arlington the following week. And also that if anything happened to him, it was MY decision where I would lay MY husband to rest. (Thank God he made it home to us safe and sound!) Who the hell says that though?

You know the saying "He's the black sheep of the family"? Well my DH is the white sheep of the family! He loves my family and they LOVE him. My mom says he's her other child that she didn't have to get stretch marks for. LOL, I mean my DH is the type of man that would do ANYTHING for someone! While he was on R&R, my parents needed a few boards replaced on their porch and DH did it happily. He wanted to help and that was all there was to it. I love him so much and am amazed that despite his family, he's such a caring guy! I mean when you grow up with everyone acting like the world is out to get them and then you're such a compassionate person, I think it's amazing! Like I said, there are times that I seriously wonder if he was switched at the hospital!

Anyway, that was my rant. Anyone else feel like this?

by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 12:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 12:28 PM

I have always believed someone switched my twin sister at birth. She is a hypochondriac along with my mom. The shiot she does and say, hell both of them. THey just floor me. 

by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 12:31 PM

The only way I can stomach my In-Laws is that I know that DH was adopted at birth and that none of their insane-ness can be passed on to my children through blood... now DH's bioligical mom... she is a DOLL and I am glad that DH and my kids are a part of her!

Stefanie - Mommy to Liam Patrick 07/07 (IUGR) and Molly Kate 06/08 (IUGR, Pre-Natal Stroke, Developmental Delays, and Failure to Thrive) and Wife to Mark since 2/17/2006

by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 12:31 PM

Lol!! My husband and I had this conversation last night.
His family is ... I lack the vocabulary skill to fully express what they are.
They make mountains out of ant hills. Sunday we went over there for his father's birthday and it took them over an hour to figure out what to put on a pizza....6 people OVER AN HOUR.....And I should add we eat pizza at least once a month with his family, so it's nothing new about who likes what...yadda yadda yadda...
His family drives me up the wall.
His mother isn't happy unless she knows EVERYTHING that is going on in our lives.
She gets upset when she doesn't know my daughter has learned something's like would you like me to tell you about everytime she poops? What it looks like? Etc??
I told my husband last night if the oppurtunity comes along to move to the moon we are taking it!!! :)

Lilypie Breastfeeding Ticker

by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 12:32 PM

How awesome that this actually turned out to be a POSITIVE post about your HUSBAND! YAY! Good for you, Mama! You keep that good guy happy!

by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 12:35 PM

LOL TY. I really do love my DH! Yes, he can drive me crazy, lol but I know I can drive him nuts too! Like I said, despite his family, he is the type of man who would give you the shirt off his back! He's just awesome and my best friend!

Quoting Ms.Adventure:

How awesome that this actually turned out to be a POSITIVE post about your HUSBAND! YAY! Good for you, Mama! You keep that good guy happy!

by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 12:37 PM

I think my DH was kidnapped by his mom or something or either that his Aunt Jean is really his mom. His mother is stupid she cant even spell simple words like "the", she even had the nerve to ask how to spell "t.v". I think DH is the black sheep of his family. his mother and brother are not the brightest crayons in the box. His aunt jean is super smart she runs a hospital and my Dh is very smart like her but everyone else in his family is rather dumb. Another aunt of his is half black and she hates white people and talks shit about them, and is very anti military (and DH is in the army). Uh hello why the hell is is shit talking white people when she is half. Makes no sense. My family on the other hand love him to death, my mom claims him as her other son. Maybe he was born into the wrong family lol

by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 12:39 PM

my DH is so from his family. to bad he did not get their sense of humor. but i love my inlaws and i always have so much fun when i am around them. my family hates my DH and always have. but that good...i dont really have to much to do with my family anyway, they can all just kiss my ass....except my gma and my aunt.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)