Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

not trying to seem racist, i have a serious question

Posted by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 12:22 PM
  • 2 Replies

if someone with darker skin uses a hair bleaching agent for facial hair does it make it too light so that it actually shows up more?

i am fair skinned and have very dark facial hair above my lip.  sometimes i bleach it and sometimes i use a bikini touch to "cut" it off.  i know when i use the bleach it makes the hair very fair so i was wondering if it was too much for darker skinned people.

Rhonda

Rhonda

by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 12:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
NewMom304
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 12:26 PM

IDK, but you could try waxing.

SWasson
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 12:29 PM
I think it depends on skin tone. My skin is so fair that unless I wax my lip, the roots show through my skin. I had a black roommate who told me that a lot of African-Americans get ingrown hairs really easily, so they're more likely to use depilatories. Also, lip bleach temporarily bleaches the skin underneath it, so I'm guessing someone with darker skin could end up with a pretty noticeable patch on their upper lips, if only for the rest of the day. Any injury to the skin shows up more on darker skin than it does on lighter skin, and depigmentation can be a problem with skin injuries, like those that occur from acne, waxing, etc.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)