Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Well That Was Fun......

Posted by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 12:30 PM
  • 7 Replies

So night before last i noticed Jeff had a red spot on his collar bone, and just thought it was a zit so didnt really think much of it....he said it was a little bigger and really hurt yesterday morning, but he went to work anyways...when he went to work, it was maybe the size of a dime....when he got home, it was about the size of a FIST! So he messed with it, and finally about 630 decided to go to the doctor (we have a late clinic in town thats open), and we got there about 7, waited to be seen til 9, and found out that its a staph infection....the doc said hes seen a lot of them lately that were WAYYY worse than jeffs. So he gave him some pills that normally are $20 a pill (i guess the doc office gets samples and they gave jeff 12) and sent him home....so today he stayed home from work and is cramping my style lol!

Later, he has to go into town to fill out his insurance paperwork and get his paycheck and i have to get laundry soap. The doctor said we can only use bath towels ONCE and i have to wash them. We have to change our sheets every other day, and basically just watch for anyone else to come up with this, hopefully we dont....no one but jeff has open wounds, so im hoping that we will be ok...

Oh and adrenaline is a WONDERFUL cure to pain....i had to drive jeff to the doc, to the store, home, and by the time i got home, MY arm wasnt near as painful as it had been...but today its still hurting...oh well...and at the docs office, jade got a little dirt on the sleeve of her jacket and was running around saying 'yucky, yucky' and whining....she was up til 10, poor baby!

What a night let me tell you!!!

by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 12:30 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
missamanda86
by Ruby Member on Jan. 27, 2009 at 7:16 PM

And does anyone know what MRSA looks like? I googled pics of it but really didnt see anything tha tlooks like Dh sore...now its smaller, but still causing him pain all through his arm/shoulder area, and he woke up with a worse than normal cough this morning...

The doc didnt touch, or physically examine the wound, he just looked at it, said this is what it is, gave jeff the meds, and we left....a friend asked if they drew blood, etc...i really didnt know they should have

mooremom
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 7:18 PM

My friend almost lost his hand because of a staph infection. Good thing he went to doc. I don't know about MRSA.

missamanda86
by Ruby Member on Jan. 27, 2009 at 7:19 PM

We thought it was a spider bite, because Dh is an electrician and is in attics and crawl spaces all day, but i guess not...

Quoting mooremom:

My friend almost lost his hand because of a staph infection. Good thing he went to doc. I don't know about MRSA.

katywaybright
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 7:34 PM

MRSA is very nasty.........I have had it before..........the sores look like small pimples or boils.....but then they get bigger and very painful.......and mine were filled with nasty puss(almost green)( I know sounds yucky)......The doc should have taken a coulture(prob spelled wrong) of the sore and sent it to the lab. And maybe even blood work too

Be VERY VERY careful.........it is spread very easy.....and sometimes hard to get rid of......wash hands often and spray things down....and clean everything

Best of luck to you and your family

hugs

missamanda86
by Ruby Member on Jan. 27, 2009 at 7:37 PM

Well what he has looks like a pimple now, just red about a quarter size around it...and idk why the doc didnt do something, if it keeps gettin worse, im makin Dh go to the ER because this is NOT good...he cant be gettin sick

And hes been tryin to stay away from our DD, well keep her away from his sore, as much as possible, and the doc told us to change bedding and towels almost daily...thats no fun

Quoting katywaybright:

MRSA is very nasty.........I have had it before..........the sores look like small pimples or boils.....but then they get bigger and very painful.......and mine were filled with nasty puss(almost green)( I know sounds yucky)......The doc should have taken a coulture(prob spelled wrong) of the sore and sent it to the lab. And maybe even blood work too

Be VERY VERY careful.........it is spread very easy.....and sometimes hard to get rid of......wash hands often and spray things down....and clean everything

Best of luck to you and your family

hugs

beautifulinlove
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 7:38 PM
oh wow! :/
Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker
missamanda86
by Ruby Member on Jan. 28, 2009 at 11:24 PM

Ok this is Dh wound thing tonight...i cant really tell if its gettin better...the only thing really different is that the wide red area is not as wide, but he says it still hurts really badly, and he doesnt think its gettin better...he says its still hurting him all down his arm and up his neck

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)