Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What did it feel like to you??

Posted by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 12:31 PM
  • 17 Replies

Did you have back labor when pregnant? What did it feel like to you?

Did it feel like someone was pinching your spin, or a lot of pressure on your spine and it felt like it was going to break? Like from bottom to top??

I am so affraid that my labor will be so different this time around and i wont know!! lol is that lame?

by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 12:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lilysmama811
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 12:32 PM

Yes, I had back labor and I literally thought someone with giant hands had a hold of my back and was twisting and twisting trying to break it.  I hope to God and to everything holy that this  labor and delivery is different than my last! 

joshlor2
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 12:33 PM

my first labor was all cramping pain, but with my dd I had the most terrible back pain....it felt like a HEAVY weight was right on the small of my back and it was aweful. I wouldn't wish back labor pain on my worst enemy.

SweetAngel0401
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 12:33 PM

I never had a pinching feeling or pain on my spine, more of a pressure on the whole lower part of my torso.

MAyers
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 12:34 PM

yes I had back labor both times. I just had it on my lower back and it felt like a lot of pressure. I still feel it a lot of the time. it's not lame at all. you're just scared. you'll know when you go into labor though. good luck.

Mezmer
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 12:38 PM

When I was in labor with my son (first born), I definately had some back labor.  I'm 28 weeks pregnant and I feel like I'm having it now.  It starts in my lower back and works all the way up my spine to my neck and stays there for a minute then gradually goes away. 

~*~Amanda~*~

anikahaynes1
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 12:39 PM

Well I have no clue why but I am terrified of pre-term labor even though I have no factors working against me. I carried to term with my first, have had no miscarraiges, etc....just this am i went to go pee and when i sat down my lower back started hurting REALLY bad like it hurt a little to breath, and move....I am only 32 weeks too so blah!! It's happend a couple more times since 7 am but i dont think i should be concerned since it's like 2 1/2 hours later and its only happend like 3 times....

Quoting MAyers:

yes I had back labor both times. I just had it on my lower back and it felt like a lot of pressure. I still feel it a lot of the time. it's not lame at all. you're just scared. you'll know when you go into labor though. good luck.

anikahaynes1
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 12:40 PM

YA thats how I have felt a few times today....weird! maybe i should call the dr, i am 32 weeks along....of course none of this can happen when i am actually at the drs yesterday!

Quoting Mezmer:

When I was in labor with my son (first born), I definately had some back labor.  I'm 28 weeks pregnant and I feel like I'm having it now.  It starts in my lower back and works all the way up my spine to my neck and stays there for a minute then gradually goes away. 

anikahaynes1
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 1:12 PM

bump...

Mezmer
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 1:16 PM

You can call the doctor and let him know how it feels.  I told mine about it a few weeks ago and he said it's completely normal, which I figured it was.  You may want to try a pillow between your legs when you are laying down in bed.  I'm thinking about buying one of those specialty pillows that is made just for that purpose cause it's hard to keep the pillow in place when I'm tossing and turning from side to side at night.  :)

Quoting anikahaynes1:

YA thats how I have felt a few times today....weird! maybe i should call the dr, i am 32 weeks along....of course none of this can happen when i am actually at the drs yesterday!

Quoting Mezmer:

~*~Amanda~*~

kaitlyn322
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 1:16 PM

i had such bad back labor! it felt like someone was trying to break my lower back, and it would stay there for about a minute or two, then it would work its way up my spine and then gradually go away. it was the worst pain i have ever felt in my entire life.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)