Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I am SOOOOOOOOO mad right now!!!

Posted by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 12:44 PM
  • 5 Replies

My 14 yo son is frantically looking around the house this morning, won't get dressed or get out and do his chores.  I asked him what's up, he says he can't find his wallet.   WHAT? 

I told him last week to take the checks out of it that he was carrying, they were from the candy sales that they did for the school band, instead of turning them in with the order he was carrying them around to turn in when the order came in and he did all the deliveries. 

He was also carrying a check from my mother that she gave him to go to the stock show coming up this week in Fort Worth.  It was supposed to be his spending money.  I didn't let him get that cashed last week when he got it so that he would have the money and not spend it all on crap (cokes, candy, chips).

So not only has he lost the wallet, but the checks, so now when the order for the candy comes in, guess who gets to pay for everything?  ME!!!  I know that there was at least $150.00 worth of candy order checks in the wallet.

I am soooooooooo mad that I could scream!!!   If I was not at work right now I would.  My husband stayed home and went through his room and couldn't find it, but for those of you who have 14 year old boys you know what this room would look like.  I am suprised that he can even find his bed at night.  It's and absolute pigs sty!!!

by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 12:44 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
TheresaMomof9
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 12:46 PM

Ugh! VERY frustrating!

I know you probably know this but this is typical for this age--so is his room, unfortunately.. Hopefully it will show up somewhere but I wouldn't mind at all having him work around the house to help pay for the losses.

Hope you find it!

T. 

momof3319
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 12:51 PM

I'm sorry mama, at least he feels bad about it.  My 13 yr. old son got his first real wallet for Christmas and I only let him keep some money in it and his ID's for school and the community center.  It still may turn up, give it a day and if it doesn't turn up see if you can get people to write another check.  Just be honest and apologetic.   This has happened to us with Cub Scout checks, except it was me or my husband who lost the checks.  We found them two months later at my husband work.

Mezmer
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 12:53 PM

I know that has to be frustrating!  I agree with the first poster...I would definately make him help out around the house more than usual to help make up for the losses if he can't find his wallet.  I would also make him clean that room up as well.  I hope he is able to find it!!!

~*~Amanda~*~

CafeMom Admin
by Ruby Member on Jan. 28, 2009 at 10:16 AM

wave

Hi
millerranch20003,

You may also want to visit these CafeMom Groups:

Advice for Moms

Moms of Teens

If you have a question or would like to share advice with other moms, just click the "Answers" tab at the top of every page on CafeMom. You can use the search bar at the top of every page to search for specific information.

Enjoy the site!
\The CafeMom Admin Team

satin69
by on Jan. 28, 2009 at 10:23 AM

from mom to mom keep calm it will show up more than likely...

if it were my son he would be coming home straight after school and looking til he found it...he needs to calm down and figure out where he last had it...my sons wallet has disappeared many times and always turns up (hes 16) 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)