Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Wedding question

Posted by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 1:01 PM
  • 9 Replies

What do you think of a Friday wedding? I have set 4 dates for our wedding but everyone of them has been booked at the place I want to do my wedding but the Fridays before are always free.

My maid of honor says she thinks it's stupid to have a wedding during the weeek but I really don't know what else to do. I don't want to put people out during a work week. I know it's hard for people to get off and such but I have no more ideas?

Create your own banner at mybannermaker.com!
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 1:01 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
bookwriter4kids
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 1:04 PM

They usually don't happen during the week unless you don't care if people don't show.  IMO, find a different place or change the date.  Good Luck 

05mom07bride
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 1:08 PM

I'm sorry to say this, but if your family and friends love you enough, and have enough notice to be there for a friday wedding, then you should have no problem, And if they don't well thats just rude. Try letting everyone you know before hand, that you're more than likely gonna have it on a friday, and see and get a feel for what the say and think, Especially if you can't get into a place you really want, You shouldn't have to settle on something you don't want for your wedding. Its your day, Plus lol I heard weekday weddings are sometimes a little less in cost! Which is always good!! Good luck with your wedding date search!

brandithesuperm
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 1:13 PM

Yea I have looked at other alternatives like having a beach wedding. But my fiance wants a big wedding and whoever wanted to see us married would have to drive 4 hours away. We live in a small town so places are really limited unless we want to drive aways.

My dates are really limited also. We have a best man that works off shore and only comes in so often and I have my maid of honor pregnant so she can't do it June or July. I really wanted to do it outside since we are by a Lake. So IDK?

chiquis
by Diamond Member on Jan. 27, 2009 at 1:24 PM

A lot of people do it on Fridays because it's cheaper (check out the wedding groups) ... but I wouldn't i've been to only one wedding on a Friday and so many people didn't go. We almost didn't make it either cause of so's job. But we made it to the reception. And we did want to go to the church since it was family. It's just hard for some people not everyone can take off work or get out early. So your rushing from work to home to get changed and then to try and make it on time. Also imagine the people who are taveling there? I wouldn't do it .. but if you have no other choice then do it and make sure you give enough warning. So people can make arrangements.  

brandithesuperm
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 1:24 PM

That's kinda how I feel to. The people who really plan on coming and sharing with us will come on a Friday just as easily as a Saturday. I just don't want people mad beacuse they have to take off work and stuff. But I did plan on having it later in the afternoon if I did it on Friday and having a full meal catered.

Quoting 05mom07bride:

I'm sorry to say this, but if your family and friends love you enough, and have enough notice to be there for a friday wedding, then you should have no problem, And if they don't well thats just rude. Try letting everyone you know before hand, that you're more than likely gonna have it on a friday, and see and get a feel for what the say and think, Especially if you can't get into a place you really want, You shouldn't have to settle on something you don't want for your wedding. Its your day, Plus lol I heard weekday weddings are sometimes a little less in cost! Which is always good!! Good luck with your wedding date search!

brandithesuperm
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 1:26 PM

I know that's what I'm afraid of.

Quoting chiquis:

A lot of people do it on Fridays because it's cheaper (check out the wedding groups) ... but I wouldn't i've been to only one wedding on a Friday and so many people didn't go. We almost didn't make it either cause of so's job. But we made it to the reception. And we did want to go to the church since it was family. It's just hard for some people not everyone can take off work or get out early. So your rushing from work to home to get changed and then to try and make it on time. Also imagine the people who are taveling there? I wouldn't do it .. but if you have no other choice then do it and make sure you give enough warning. So people can make arrangements.  

oboe_chik
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 1:27 PM

As long as you give people plenty of notice (I would say 1 1/2 months at the MIN. before the date to get your invitations out) so that they can take off work (if they need or just leave early for the day) that it wouldn't be a problem.

ljliammama
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 1:27 PM

I had a friday wedding in August.  We had over 160 guests many of who drove hrs to get there.  If they care enough about you, they will make the trek.  We also saved over $ 20.00 a head having it friday nt.  We had a great time and everyone we love was there!  Good luck to you!

One other thing...we planned our wedding and got married all within 7 weeks...and people still made it there!

brandithesuperm
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 1:30 PM

That's great! I'm also thinking about an August wedding.

Quoting ljliammama:

I had a friday wedding in August.  We had over 160 guests many of who drove hrs to get there.  If they care enough about you, they will make the trek.  We also saved over $ 20.00 a head having it friday nt.  We had a great time and everyone we love was there!  Good luck to you!

One other thing...we planned our wedding and got married all within 7 weeks...and people still made it there!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)