Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

RIP Othello ( my kitty)

Posted by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 1:33 PM
  • 11 Replies

As many of you knew Othello was diagnosed with Kidney failure.  He has been such a trooper through the medicine and the forced feedings through a syringe.  Please excuse the rambling as this just happend an hour ago and I can't seem to compose myself yet.  I can't stop crying, this just hurts so damn much.  Especially walking into my home without my little guy. 

Sometime in the wee hours of the morning Othello started to projectile vomit.  He hadn't been drinking or using the litter box.  He didn't want to move or be bothered.  I could tell that he was in pain.  I took him to the vet today and between tears from me and the vet we both decided it was time to put him down.  It was the hardest descision I have ever had to make in my enitre life.  She let me hold him before they started and I cried into his fur.  He nudged his head into my neck and ever so slightly gripped my shoulder as if to give me a hug and let me know that everything was going to be ok.  I couldn't watch him suffer anymore.  It just wasn't fair to him.  We had him on tons of medicines and it just wasn't helping him.  He didn't want to move let alone be held.  So I ask of you to please pray for his safe journey into heaven and that he knows that mommy loves him and will always keep him in heart.

by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 1:33 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anawan
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 1:34 PM

I'm so sorry to hear he lost his battle.  I know exactly how you feel.  Hang in there.  Kitties are just like little people and they truly do become one of the family.

bryleighsmommy
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 1:38 PM

that just totally made me cry :( im soo sorry to hear that......hugs

~Proud Mommy & Future Wife To Bryleigh & Mike~ 

"Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while you could miss it." 

MaddiesMaMa418

I'm sorry :( I know how you feel. I had to put my dog, Bella, down a couple of years ago. Tainted dog food. It was the worst feeling, hugging her and saying goodbye knowing she was going off to die. 

hugs

MommaRose98

I'm so sorry.. You did the right thing! Here's a hug for you.

hugs

VerucaSallt
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 1:39 PM

RIP Othello.  He'll be waiting for you at the Rainbow Bridge :-)

lifelessons78
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 1:39 PM

im sorry to hear about your kitty. Ive been there and i know how hard it is to let them go. i will definitely pray for your kitty safe journey,,

HAPPILY MARRIED TO TREMAINE(2-12-05) AND PROUD MOMMY TO:  KAITLYN(5-24-00)  T.J.(6-14-01), JAYDEN(10-28-04), AND ALAYA(11-19-07)

Daemonsmommy
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 1:40 PM

I am so sorry for your loss! I read the original post but didn't know it was final that Othello had kidney failure. I am so sorry you have to go through this. This past December marked the 1 year death of Barney, my DH's dog that he had since he was a kid. It was hard on everyone and that is when I came across this one website. It helped me. It is free for the most part. You can pay money for something but they have candle light services where you can mourn your pet.

http://rainbowbridge.com/

I wish you and your family luck with getting through this. Othello is now in a better place and not in any pain.

~Manda~

RIP Othello!

25beengoodtome
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 1:41 PM

you have my deepest sympathies. Our pets are our extended family.

shorty7452
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 1:44 PM

awwww im so sorry for your loss....you have me in tears at work too...i had a cat for 9yrs when i was younger he grew up with me, my precious.he ended up getting a tumor under his tongue and he was not able to eat or anything and my mom had to put him down too....again so so so sorry

Freecycle for New Jersey Moms CLICK THE PICTURE

First_One_8_18
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 1:49 PM

OH! I'm so sorry. I cry sometimes even imagining how the end will come for my 13 yr old Lexx. I don't know how I am going to deal with it and I am sorry you have to!

"I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ.” ~Mahatma Ghandi

Baby Names - BabyNamey.com Name Badge Ticker

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)