Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Hey ladies :)

Posted by on Mar. 27, 2007 at 7:17 PM
  • 1 Replies

Hi,

My name is Jessica, I'm pregnant with my first child who is due 10/12/2007... I'm pretty nervous about the whole thing, because I'm a little out of the norm... I'm 24 years old, I have type 2 diabetes and a bone disease which is called Osteopetrosis... So far everything seems to be great, but just knowing the risk factors involved is a little scary... But I have faith that I will have a healthy baby and that everything will turn out fine :)... Is anyone else in the same boat, or know anyone who has diabetes and pregnant? I'm very new here to cafemom, so feel free to add me as a friend if you'd like to talk or just reply to my post... And thanks so much for listening :)

by on Mar. 27, 2007 at 7:17 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
NorthStar
by on Mar. 27, 2007 at 7:56 PM

Hi Jessica, CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!

Okay, so i will tell you a little about me...dont know if it will help at all. Im 21, i have no history of diabetes but in my 24th of my pregnancy i was told i had gestational diabetes. I have been told that its no the same a diabetes type 1 or 2 and im not too clued up about type 1 or 2...but i had to watch my diet very closely, my sugar was high and i had to test my blood several times a day as-well as give myself a shot of insulin each night. It was hard because i had pregnancy cravings for sweet foods but i couldnt have any, i have always been a big carb eater (breads and pastas...all that stuff) So it was a drag but you deal with what you have to right! They told me my daughter had a chance of becoming too big in the shoulders so my chance for c-section was increased,  i ended up having  a c-sec anyway cos baby was facing the wrong way, she was healthy and just fine coming in at 7 and a half pounds! With all this said it may be completely different in your case but i read your post and thought since i went through something similar maybe i should share and maybe i could help! I would say first things first...get a nutritionist if you dont have one already! Mine helped soooo much. I was all over the place, i didnt know what to do.
I wish i could help more.
Im sure your glowing, stay strong and i wish u all the best. Good luck sweetie.x.
Aisha.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN