Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My Facebook Response... (PIOG)

Posted by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 1:50 PM
  • 7 Replies

Please understand that I am trying to show the double standards by Facebooks decision, and before bashing me, please read my previous note on my Facebook page.  I think we as people need to be held accountable for what we allow, and I don't think it's right for a company to say BF pics are wrong when there are other more offensive things allowed.  If you have a Facebook account and agree I would urge you to also post a note showing your disappointment. Please bump so other people realize this as well. 

Facebook, shame on you!

You are deleting profile with images of women breastfeeding their children, claiming that all though it's natural it's against your policies. You've said before that breastfeeding is obscene, but you continue to allow pictures of girls showing off everything but their nipples and their crotch barely cover by a piece of cloth no bigger than a pencil. That's not obscene? You allow applictions that allow "flair" to say "It's not rape if you yell SUPRISE first." That's not obscene? You allow men to post pictures of everything but their "goods" showing, and that's not obscene? I'm sure you're response to thos complaints are to just "look away if it offends you," and that is my answer to those offended by my breastfeeding. You were right on one point, breastfeeding IS A NATURAL THING, and it should be embraced and respected. We as women should not be made to feel that we can't share the joys of feeding our children because we choose to breastfeed instead of bottle feeding. Are you implying that we should be ASHAMED of breastfeeding our children, that it's something that needs to be kept PRIVATE? Where as rape, and underage girls showing everything but nipples should be embraced and shared throughout the world? You should be ashamed of your logic. This is a PERFECT example of the lack of morals in society today. I hope you will consider either reversing your decision, or tightening up on your policies.

~*~If my nursing in public offends you, please feel free to place a blanket over your head.~*~

by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 1:50 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
MissViki
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 2:07 PM

bump 

Billie_Bush
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 2:11 PM

they are deleting pictures of fully exposed breast not breast feeding photos, you can still put those on just not your whole boob, like say you BF but both of your boobs are showing they will delete it..

MaddiesMaMa418
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 2:13 PM

Post a picture of an exposed nipple on CafeMOM, it will be deleted too.

It's against TOS of both sites.

MissViki
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 3:45 PM

Quoting MaddiesMaMa418:

Post a picture of an exposed nipple on CafeMOM, it will be deleted too.

It's against TOS of both sites.

That's fine but my point is the line of what obscene is.  It's okay to have an application with buttons that say "It's not rape if you yell "SUPRISE" first," but Facebook's making a big deal of BFing pictures (nipples showing or not.)

ilovechris13
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 3:48 PM

i dont think BF pics should be put up online at all.. i have no problem with people taking them for there own personal memories... but i personally dont think they should be on the internet for everyone to see..

feeding baby Elizabeth Rose  June 10, 2008

in love  Anna and Chris  March 06, 2008

lindsay99
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 3:49 PM

i think the whole thing is stupid. its a website delete your account if you have a problem with them.

Tyrtyl
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 3:51 PM

Quoting lindsay99:

i think the whole thing is stupid. its a website delete your account if you have a problem with them.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)