Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I recovered one of the car seats stolen from my car last week!!!!

Posted by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 1:50 PM
  • 7 Replies

I was driving around today with Chris  to relieve his boredom, when he says MOM LOOK THERE IS MY SEAT!!!!! I look and sure enough it does look like it.

It was thrown in the front yard of this boarded up home, so I went to look at it, and sure enough it IS THE SEAT!!!!!

I had etched his initials in his seat and hers in her seat. In the back was his initials!!! I am stoked. I called the cops, they said to grab it, and they'd be out to my house to take a report about which house. I know nobody lives there, it was boarded up tight last summer from drug activity!!!

I am stoked. I don't need the seat, as we got two new ones, but I am going to clean it up, and store it in basement, so if kids throw up on other seats or they need cleaned, we have a spare--or if I end up with an extra child for the day!!!

Sorry this got long, but I am excited!!!1

by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 1:50 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
SweetAngel0401
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 1:54 PM

yeah!

chiamom123
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 1:55 PM
thats great!
Daemonsmommy
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 1:56 PM

Yay!!! Glad you found it even though you had to buy new ones.

luv_my_xiya
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 1:56 PM
i think i would be too scared to use it...does it look ok?...who knows what they did with the seat

ms_mommy_sue
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 1:58 PM

Quoting luv_my_xiya:

i think i would be too scared to use it...does it look ok?...who knows what they did with the seat

It looks fine, no new scratches, just dirty as all get out! looks like it has been under the snow so I am going to clean it up and make sure. but at this time, even if i can not use it, it is just nice to have found it,

notjstanothrmom
by Ruby Member on Jan. 27, 2009 at 1:58 PM

I'm glad you found it and I hope they can do something to help you recover money lost but I would not use the seat after you found it like that... who knows what it went through and if it was dumped like that someone probably threw it there from a car and it is probably not safe anymore.

Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Like to clean? Need to clean? Join my group!

Getting Clean & Staying Clean!

Andie.
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 2:12 PM

If it was me, I'd save the cover, and get rid of the rest, there could be damage that you cannot see.  It's your decision though. Glad you got it back though.

Quoting ms_mommy_sue:

Quoting luv_my_xiya:

It looks fine, no new scratches, just dirty as all get out! looks like it has been under the snow so I am going to clean it up and make sure. but at this time, even if i can not use it, it is just nice to have found it,

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)