Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

anyone ever taken Paxil (sp)??

Posted by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 2:01 PM
  • 6 Replies

just wondering if anyone here has taken paxil and how well it worked or didnt work for them?? my doc gave it to me this morning and i'm looking some of the sites now about it

I'm a formula feeding, co-sleeping, disposable diapering, delayed vaccinating, will be spanking, picture taking, sunkist drinking, softball playing, family loving MOMMY!!!

by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 2:01 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
tashamyork
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 2:04 PM

The problem I had with paxil is that it just covered up my problem and it just got worse and worse but I was happy until I stopped taking it and then I didn't know how to deal with ANYTHING at all and now have been seeing a therapist for a year and a half and my life is finally 'complete' is the only word I ahve for it. I am fixing to stop seeing my therapist too bc I can do it on my own now! Good luck momma!

sarahsmommy1005
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 2:04 PM

My mom takes it and it has worked really well for her.  She takes it for anxiety and panic attacks and OCD. She is a totally different person now, its the best medication she has ever been on.

sportychik2003
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 2:07 PM

well i have a LOT going on at home right now and so i'm beginning to have anxiety attacks or whatever and the hubby and i are working on some issues but i needed something to help with all of my emotions. i told my doc that when everything worked itself out, either he steps up OR we get divorced, i wanted to stop taking it.

I'm a formula feeding, co-sleeping, disposable diapering, delayed vaccinating, will be spanking, picture taking, sunkist drinking, softball playing, family loving MOMMY!!!

vpsmama
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 2:12 PM

I was on Paxil for 3 years for anxiety/depression and weaned myself off of it after I got married. The problem I had was the one time I ran out of refills and couldn't get my prescription refilled before seeing a doctor - I had major withdrawal symptoms which included not knowing whether I was going to throw up or pass out and I had the sweats. Like I mentioned before, I took myself off of it because it only covered up the problem not solved it and now my hubby is my "Paxil"  for almost 5 years now.

Robbin74
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 2:13 PM

I thought it was sent from heaven at first. It did help me a lot , but what came along with it was not so good. 1. I slept all the time, for about the first year. 2. I gained a lot of weight, because all I did was sleep and eat. 3. I didn't care about anything and became reckless in my life. So after 3 1/2 yrs. of this It had to stop.

I quit cold turkey 5 years ago and was sick from withdrawals for almost 3 months , but it was worth it to me to get off of it. I know not everyone will have the same effects from it, but thought I would share.

sportychik2003
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 2:30 PM

Quoting Robbin74:

I thought it was sent from heaven at first. It did help me a lot , but what came along with it was not so good. 1. I slept all the time, for about the first year. 2. I gained a lot of weight, because all I did was sleep and eat. 3. I didn't care about anything and became reckless in my life. So after 3 1/2 yrs. of this It had to stop.

I quit cold turkey 5 years ago and was sick from withdrawals for almost 3 months , but it was worth it to me to get off of it. I know not everyone will have the same effects from it, but thought I would share.

thats what i'm scared of ....

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)