Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What's for dinner ladies?

Posted by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 2:04 PM
  • 28 Replies

Hey Ladies!  What is for dinner tonight!?  I took out some Chicken and am not sure what to do with it. I need something quick and easy.  I have a 5 weeks old, and he demands attention right around dinner time.  Today is my first day back at work...help please!

by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 2:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
c_boerman
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 2:13 PM

We are having Pizza Bubble Ring with salad

Ashley0904
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 2:14 PM

Never heard of that!

Quoting c_boerman:

KierstynsMom
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 2:17 PM

Ohhh Yum!! Lmao!

Quoting c_boerman:

c_boerman
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 2:19 PM

Got the recipe from the Recipe Group

6-8 T butter, melted (I used 6)

1 tsp dried Italian seasoning

1/2 tsp garlic powder

2 (12 oz) cans Pillsbury Golden Layers Refrigerated Flaky Biscuits

40 small slices pepperoni (about 3 oz)

8 oz mozzerella, cut into 20 pieces

1/4 C grated Parmesan cheese (I forgot it - still really yummy)

1 1/4 C pizza sauce, heated

1. Heat oven to 350. Spray 12-cup fluted tube pan with cooking spray. In small bowl, mix melted butter, Italian seasoning and garlic powder.

2. Seperate 1 can of dough into 10 biscuits; press or roll each into a 3-inch round. Place 2 slices of pepperoni in center of each round; top with 1 piece of cheese. Bring dough up around filling; press edge to seal and shape each ball. Roll in butter mixture; place 10 balls in sprayed pan.

3. Sprinkle dough balls with Parmesan cheese (oops - I bet it is even better this way!), Repeat with remaining can of biscuits, placing balls over balls already in pan (yes, I laughed a little when I read that but it's what the recipe says. I'm 12.) Pour remaining butter mixture over top.

4. Bake at 350 for 33-38 minutes or until deep golden brown. Cool 5 minutes. Gently loosen bread from sides of pan. Place a large heatproof plate upside down over pan; turn plate and pan over. Remove pan. Serve warm with pizza sauce for dipping.

The recipe says it serves 20 but that would be for an appetizer. I served it as an entree for dinner tonight with california mixed veggies and my 2 year old loved it! If anyone tries it, I'd love to know what you think!

Quoting KierstynsMom:

Ohhh Yum!! Lmao!

Quoting c_boerman:

rockinmomto2
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 2:20 PM

Well, we're having pasta tonight. But with your chicken, you could just put it in the oven at 450 for 20 minutes with some spices on top, and it'll come out perfect. Add a side (maybe rice or mashed potatoes) and a veggie. Not too tough,right?

Acid
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 2:24 PM

Chicken Breasts, Chicke Thighs???

What about a cup of rice, a can of cream of mushroom soup and water.

Dump the rice, soup and water in a glass baking dish(long one).  Mix the soup, water and rice around a bit so the soup is mostly mixed.  Then, arrange the chicken on top of that and bake it at 350 degrees for an hour.

you can do this with both breats and thighs.  Or, you could fry some chicken breasts, bake a potato and have some veggies with it, broccoli, cauliflower etc.

I am having pork chops, boiled potatos and some corn or brussel sprouts(my kids LOVE them)

Only when the last tree has been cut down,
Only when the last river has been poisoned,
Only when the last fish has been caught,
Only then will you find that money cannot be eaten.

— Cree Indian Prophecy

KelseyNovy87
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 2:25 PM

i'm making spaghetti, but instead of hamburger or meat balls, i'm going to cut up some chicken breasts, cooking that, then putting that in the sauce. i've never done it before, hopefully it'll be good.

25beengoodtome
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 2:27 PM

Chicken & stuffing bake

1 + 1/2LB boneless/skinless chicken breasts

1 box STOVE TOP STUFFING MIX

1 CAN(10+ 3/4 OZ) CAMPBELL'S cream of chicken soup.

Prepare stuffing as directed, layer stuffing & chicken in a baking dish. bake @ 400, 1 hour.

torijadekylie

We're keeping it simple tonight around here. We're having grilled cheese sandwhiches and tomato soup.

missmandalea

We are having crock pot Italian Chicken! It's so easy on a day like today when cleaning the bathrooms is on my schedule!  Plus I like a good crock pot meal when its super cold outside.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)