Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Indoor play areas...

Posted by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 2:36 PM
  • 19 Replies

Do you take your kids to play at McDonald's (or any other fast food chain) to play in the indoor play areas? Had any bad experiences?

To explain a bit...my DH thinks I'm silly because I do NOT let my kids go to this play area here in town at our McDonald's. It has actually been shut down several times. They always said they were "remodeling" (although nothing ever has changed), and once it just said closed temporarily. The rumor has it (DH is friends with the mayor here and he even said the same thing) that it was closed due to vomit, and feces being in the play area for days on end, and no one cleaned it out. There was also a hypodermic needle found- they believe it was used just for insulin..but still a needle!!! I'm totally grossed out by this place!!! I really even cringe letting them eat there because I figure if that's how they take care of the facility, I wonder how they treat the food or the area in which the food is made!!! I have NO problems taking my kids to Chuck E Cheese or Going Bonkers or somewhere, but the fast food play areas just seem gross!!! Anyone else??

by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 2:36 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
aarkat
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 2:39 PM

we went to mc d's once to play - it was filthy.   even found an old hamburger in the crawling tunnel.   not to mention those tunnels were near impossible for me to fit in to help my son through.  I'm not big at all!  it was like a trap for anyone over 5 ft. tall!

mami2five
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 2:39 PM

*bump*

mami2five
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 2:40 PM

Okay, that's gross! I didn't even think about that..(not fitting in the tunnels) my kids would be mortified if I tried to go in with them!!! LOL!!!

Quoting aarkat:

we went to mc d's once to play - it was filthy.   even found an old hamburger in the crawling tunnel.   not to mention those tunnels were near impossible for me to fit in to help my son through.  I'm not big at all!  it was like a trap for anyone over 5 ft. tall!

CaiNy5
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 2:41 PM

The mall near our house has an indoor play area, and I take my kids there. Everything is out in the open, and you can see the kids, no matter what. I dont really like the idea of ball pits and whats lurking inside of them, so we dont even do Chuck E Cheese.

ameliasmama1
by Silver Member on Jan. 27, 2009 at 2:42 PM

I took my little cousin there about 6 years ago and she got scared up at the top so I went in to get her...OMG It smelled like straight urine in there... I took her home and we both scrubbed down. I have never taken any other kids there and I will never take my own.

mami2five
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 2:43 PM

Alright then..so maybe I'm not the only one!!! LOL! I totally agree with you. We have one at the mall that is like that also, and I'd much rather take them there. I think I'm going to make DH read these responses!! LOL!

BTW- I LOVE your siggy..too cute!

Quoting CaiNy5:

The mall near our house has an indoor play area, and I take my kids there. Everything is out in the open, and you can see the kids, no matter what. I dont really like the idea of ball pits and whats lurking inside of them, so we dont even do Chuck E Cheese.

mami2five
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 2:44 PM

SO GROSS!!! Now I don't feel so bad for "banning" McDonald's play area!!

Quoting ameliasmama1:

I took my little cousin there about 6 years ago and she got scared up at the top so I went in to get her...OMG It smelled like straight urine in there... I took her home and we both scrubbed down. I have never taken any other kids there and I will never take my own.

thebestbrianne
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 2:49 PM

I have a problem with certain places, but not all of them are that bad.

Join me at Non-Religious Mommies!

It's ok to be open-minded!

lapcounter
by Super Mom on Jan. 27, 2009 at 2:50 PM

NO NO NO! I will not let my girls play in these places! They are gross, dirty and unsanitary!

steffie
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 2:51 PM

i dont think we have takin liv to any that go with the fast food places but we did find a nice indoor play ground called kids inc, and she loves it, they dont have ball pits so we see  everything she plays on... i really love that place

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)