Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Just cuz they are not babies any more !!

Posted by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 2:39 PM
  • 11 Replies

A picture she  took

This is her

t

i was just thinking .   ..  We dont talk about out older children  very much on here unless its something  negitive . 

i think its time we gave  them some  credit. !! 

• My 12 year old  just made the basket ball  team.  Shes smaller then the  rest of the team so she works hard at it .  
  • she helps at home.  Makes dinner once a week , and  plays with her brother and siter and helps  me alot with them . 
  •  She has her favorite  college womens  soccer team shes  striving to be on .  She knows they dont  take  C  students so she studies hard to make the  A's.    
  •  Her  art and Spanish teacher have asked her to enroll  in the advance placment   classes for next year .
  • Her helpfulness and honesty  goes beyond  measure of the average 12 year old .  Almost too honest. 
  • shes very open and always willing to share  her thoughts and her day with  us.
  • Shes in girl scouts and loves to do community service projects.  Although she wont   clean her  room she will  clean the planet.
  • She grows her hair long just so she can donate it .

i tell myself that shes 12 , and  she  will make mistakes someday .. then soemthing  happens and reminds me that shes is so  wonderful

Her troop  gave snacks of  cookies and candies  to the teachers . one teacher  is a dibetic  and she took her own money and bought him  sugar free candy  and apples and other things he can have.

by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 2:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MikeysMom51108
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 2:41 PM

She sounds like a wonderful young woman. You must be doing a great job!

blondenoah
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 2:42 PM

well my kids are younger 4 and 1 but i hope they become as sweet as she is i love that she will clean the planet but not her room lol. my four year olds the same way he'll tell a stranger who threw a piece of trash down "dont be a litter bug" yet he wont pick up his toys when i ask.

WesNwillsmom
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 2:42 PM
I don't have older kids to say such nice things about, but I do hope I can have such a great long list when my boys are older! You must have done a lot of things right!

natalieg
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 2:45 PM

She sounds like one amazing hard working 12 year old! Great job mama!

Lewisgirl
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 2:45 PM

SHE SOUNDS LIKE A GREAT GIRL......

I HAVE A 4 Y/O WHO TRYS TO HELP WITH MY YOUONGEST. LIKE KEEPING HER OCCUPIED WHILE IM DOING SOMETHING, AND SHOWING HER HOW TO DO THINGS LIKE HOW TO CLEANING THIER ROOM.

THIS IS MY FAMILY,MY LIFE, MY  WORLD AND THE ONLY REASON WHY I'M HERE.

xbrittany07
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 2:47 PM

How about letting us know your secrets to raising such a wonderful child! She sounds like she is destined for great things!

Great job momma!

momoftwinboys74
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 2:51 PM

Great kid!! I have a 15 y.o stepdaughter. She started living with her mom when she was about 12 but we see her alot. Her brothers love to bug her! She is a great kid- doing well in school and stuff. This is my 3 kids with Santa (2008) - best one ever!!

Kymmarie

gcmomx3
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 2:51 PM

Here is my first born. Stubborn to no end. But hes very loving and affectionate.

He loves helping with his little sister and they have a great bond

he is in Kung-Fu

He wrote a letter to our mayor about a neighbor who leaves his dog outside (we are in PA)

He loves art and is in the art club at school

Meissilly
by Gold Member on Jan. 27, 2009 at 3:02 PM

Quoting gcmomx3:

Here is my first born. Stubborn to no end. But hes very loving and affectionate.

He loves helping with his little sister and they have a great bond

he is in Kung-Fu

He wrote a letter to our mayor about a neighbor who leaves his dog outside (we are in PA)

He loves art and is in the art club at school

i love that . I    get excited when I see kids  take a  stand and  make their voices heard! GOOD FOR HIM !   i  hope  the mayor listened ..  or some day  your  son might be taking his  job !

Meissilly
by Gold Member on Jan. 27, 2009 at 3:04 PM

she looks like she would have a great personality.   That is a great  Santa picture !

Quoting momoftwinboys74:

Great kid!! I have a 15 y.o stepdaughter. She started living with her mom when she was about 12 but we see her alot. Her brothers love to bug her! She is a great kid- doing well in school and stuff. This is my 3 kids with Santa (2008) - best one ever!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)