Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Sometimes he can be so sweet...

Posted by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 2:40 PM
  • 5 Replies

So my hubby has some money coming from a lawsuit around June...Its a good chunk of change..not enough for a new car or house or anything but enough for vacation and such...I had no idea what he was planning to do with it...He told me last night he planned a vacation for us and the kids in July...Our daughter and him are soooo into airplanes and all the like that he planned a trip up to Seattle to the air museum and all the stuff up there which he is going to surprise my daughter with come the time we are leaving for it....ANNNNNDDDD we got married at the courthouse and he knew I always wanted the big white wedding (more the dress than anything haha) so he said to start planning that we could do the wedding that I always wanted!! YAY!! But now im thinking ya know we've been married and have kids and as much as I would love to plan a huge wedding and buy a dress im thinking maybe we should just throw a big bbq for everyone with a cake and i'll find some cute white summery dress...I think that would fit us better than having a wedding now...I dont know but I thought it was all so sweet of him to even think about this stuff. I was figuring he was going to be a guy and buy guy junk thats just gonna collect dust in the garage...haha...Anyways had to share it...

by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 2:40 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
FeleciaD
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 2:43 PM

You have got a very thoughtful caring man on your hands!  Thats so sweet of him to think of doing that with the money, so it can benefit the whole family!

angelwings63050
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 2:48 PM

Quoting FeleciaD:

You have got a very thoughtful caring man on your hands!  Thats so sweet of him to think of doing that with the money, so it can benefit the whole family!

I agree, maybe the two of you could go on a honey moon instead

i

AlohaWahine
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 2:50 PM

Awe !!! How sweet ! Sounds good a family vacation. I like the idea of something simple by having a BBQ. Congratulations !! He sounds like a keeper !

in love

KelseyNovy87
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 2:54 PM

what about a 'renewal of vows' ceremony? hubby and i got married at the courthouse not quite 2 years ago. we're going to do a renewal of vows ceremony (mainly so i can wear a gorgeous dress and all our friends and family can be there). but we're waiting a couple years yet so we can do it on our anniversary. it'll be april 9, 2011, which is only our 4th anniversary, but oh well. i don't want to wait forever.

there's absolutely nothing wrong with having the big wedding you've always wanted, even if you're already married. it's every girl's dream, and no one can stop you.

Rebecka83
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 3:00 PM

Yea we got into a huge fight over it because when he first found out how much it was going to be he made the statement "well since this is my money im going to spoil myself" or something along that lines and I got pissed over it i was like WTH like I would have spent it anyways...But apparently that was him trying to get me not to plan to pay bills or anything with it so he could plan this now I feel like a total biotch haha...I might go with the ceremony but I really think that a bbq type "Reception" would be what actually makes us happy...and a honeymoon sounds awesome..But unfortunatly we would have to take our kiddos...Theres too much family stuff going on for anyone to watch them for a couple days..But we dont mind the kids...Id rather go somewhere that they will remember than anything...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)