Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

wahm what do you do and how did you get into it

Posted by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 2:46 PM
  • 27 Replies

i want to make some extra money while staying at home with my daughter. i know there is some groups for this on here but i am  getting nowhere. so if you can let me know about your work from home job. and how you got into the job. anything you can tell me would be nice

by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 2:46 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lapcounter
by Super Mom on Jan. 27, 2009 at 2:49 PM

I work for three direct sales companies. I do anywhere from one to four shows a month and then I also get paid from my websites. Two of the companies I have been purchasing from for over 10 years now and the other I loved their product and it is very affordable! I have had huge success with all three, if you are interested in the details send me a private message. It costs anywhere from $50 on up to get started, even less when they run specials! Hope this is what you wanted!

sxylilmom
by Supergirl on Jan. 27, 2009 at 2:50 PM

I want to know this as well, bump

Supervane
by Platinum Member on Jan. 27, 2009 at 2:52 PM

I'm a remote employee, I dont own my own business. I have an actual job with benefits and taxes. I just do it from home.  To be honest I applied for a job that said nothing about it being from home. I was just considering going back to work when our daughter was 3 months old. We have never been a single income family and it was driving me nutts! I applied for this job I saw on careerbuilder a month went by and finally a call my interview was on a Sunday odd I thought... but still went to it. At the interview I found out it was a WAHJ, I could not have been happier! I was a little leery at first, but this job didnt require me to put a penny down. That is how I knew it was legit. They even pay for everything I use.  I've been with my company for almost 2 years now and I love it infact I'm working right now...

thseptbabyblinkie.gif September Baby image by KsJenthinkinpinka1.gif I think in pink image by MoMeg_2006Married.gif happily married image by dorothy5678Supportbfing.gif Support Breastfeeding image by unique_style4unewfree_C-Section_Mommy.gif c-sect image by andee16SUPERGRIL.gif Super girl image by cassycharlie    

latinflags.gif LATiN MAMi image by KINDRA1_photosvintagets0.jpg MEXICAN GIRL image by malta57  3179736265.jpg Super Mom image by TruePatriot1776  Not_Worth_The_Lip_Gloss_by_Tokiochi.jpg image by HRForrest       

melamommy24
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 2:54 PM

I do direct sales, but no parties. There just aren't a lot of reps in my area for this company, and people already know of/heard of the product so it's pretty easy to sell it.

3frenchfries
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 2:56 PM

Working at home is different than having a work at home business.  One you are an employee of another company, the latter you are a business owner...Are you entrepreneurial or just want a paycheck?

I personally do both...I have a business that I want to work into full time.  My husband and I own a retail website called paradigmsolutions.biz   It is full of commodities so there is lots of return business.  But while I work into that I nanny two kids during the day and build my business at night or in my spare time.  As an owner of a business I am entitled to all the responsibilities and perks allowed by the govt (like about a 100 tax incentives because we stimulate the economy and create jobs)

1sttimemommy198
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 3:05 PM

I would like a WAHJ as well, so here is a BUMP.... 

unicorndreams
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 3:12 PM

I own my own business and I do parties.  I am also thinking about taking on a second one for the fun of it with a different company.  I set my own hours, work as much or as little as I want and I have a great group of people that I work with and share ideas with...

lapcounter
by Super Mom on Jan. 27, 2009 at 3:16 PM

bumpIf anyone wants info on what I do please fell free to PM me!

unicorndreams
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 3:17 PM

Wow... Where do you work?

Quoting Supervane:

I'm a remote employee, I dont own my own business. I have an actual job with benefits and taxes. I just do it from home.  To be honest I applied for a job that said nothing about it being from home. I was just considering going back to work when our daughter was 3 months old. We have never been a single income family and it was driving me nutts! I applied for this job I saw on careerbuilder a month went by and finally a call my interview was on a Sunday odd I thought... but still went to it. At the interview I found out it was a WAHJ, I could not have been happier! I was a little leery at first, but this job didnt require me to put a penny down. That is how I knew it was legit. They even pay for everything I use.  I've been with my company for almost 2 years now and I love it infact I'm working right now...

unicorndreams
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 3:18 PM

What all do you do?

Quoting lapcounter:

I work for three direct sales companies. I do anywhere from one to four shows a month and then I also get paid from my websites. Two of the companies I have been purchasing from for over 10 years now and the other I loved their product and it is very affordable! I have had huge success with all three, if you are interested in the details send me a private message. It costs anywhere from $50 on up to get started, even less when they run specials! Hope this is what you wanted!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)