Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Need ideas, please help

Posted by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 2:58 PM
  • 3 Replies

Ok I posted this in a weight loss group and it got  looked at but not one response.  I hope you girls can help me. Thanks

Ok I need help with menu planning.  I hate planning menus anyways, but now thst we are trying to eat better it is getting hard.  Now the problem is this...when my DF's kids come back to our house, I dont know what to make.  My DD is with us 100% of the time and she will eat healtly stuff with us (we had BBQ cken salad last night).  One of his kids is so picky, nothing can touch.  Neither will eat salads, in fact they only eat corn, green beans, broccolli and carrots.  So I need some ideas that I can incorperate all this into one.  I dont want to cook 2 different meals.  I dont mind making alterations, please help.apron

by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 2:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
bugnroosmom
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 3:02 PM

Well i don't have exact recipes, but sometimes we will add canned/drained corn to a box of Jiffy cornbread mix. It gives them the veggie & bread. or add steamed broccoli to the cornbread maybe. 

if they won't eat salad maybe u could just give them raw veggies seperate & some ranch or whatever to dip.

Mom2LiamNMolly
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 3:19 PM

Several years ago I had to baby sit my niece and nephew every day after school (my sister died and their dad worked LONG hours... luckily they were 4 doors down from my parents house)... and OMG... Rachie was the pickiest eater ever....

One of the first things I did was switch the ground beef to ground turkey in most things. She never caught on... I just seasoned it with taco seasoning for tostadas and tacos and burritos.... made turkey burgers with BBQ sauce and so on... Another thing was to hide good veggies in meatloaf anf meatballs... i would grate up carrots, zucchini, eggplant.... and mix it in... I went to egg beaters... turkey or chicken dogs... and so on.... And these days, you can even get WHITE whole grain bread! I saw it at the store not long ago! I also made lots of soups and froze them so I could jusr defrost as needed... chicken noodle, veggie beef, split pea... oh, and Alex thought split pea soup was "barf green" so I used YELLOW split peas... And a kewl thing my friends mom taught me... she used to grill squashes and I HATED squash... but she used to soak them in water, salt, and FOOD COLORING for an hour... and we had kewl blue, green, red veggies that didn't seem so bad... Spinach lasagna always works, too. And health pizza with veggies... Rachel always thought it was cooler when they were grilled

for menu planning, I do two weeks at a time... and make sure that leftovers can carry over and all things get used. Like if I made a roasted chicken... the next night it's chicken salad sammies... If i use half a bell pepper in spaghetti sauce, within two nights I make something else for the other half... or toss it in a salad...  If I buy a pack of hamburger buns.... and i make sure that that week we have grilled chicken sandwishes or sloppy joes... if something comes up and they don't get used, I make them into croutons....

motherhood-quote21

Stefanie - Mommy to Liam Patrick 07/07 (IUGR) and Molly Kate 06/08 (IUGR, Pre-Natal Stroke, Developmental Delays, and Failure to Thrive) and Wife to Mark since 2/17/2006

CafeMom Admin
by Ruby Member on Jan. 28, 2009 at 10:46 AM

baking
Hi kaylasmom9,

You may also want to visit these CafeMom Groups...

Recipes      
Crock Pot Moms   
Recipe Swap!    
HOME COOKING RECIPES

If you have a question or would like to share advice with other moms, just click the "Answers" tab at the top of every page on CafeMom.

You can use the search bar at the top of every page to search for specific information.

Enjoy the site!
\The CafeMom Admin Team

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)