Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

quick question ***EDITED WITH PICS***

Posted by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 2:58 PM
  • 25 Replies

I really suck at math. I am trying to advertise a dress that I am selling on craigslist and I was told somewhere that the rule of thumb for selling soemthing used, is subtracting 2/3 of the price. Well this dress has never been worn, tags still on it. I bought it from David's Bridal like 2 years ago for my friend's wedding. I was suppose to be a brides maid, but she still hasn't gotten married. (long story) But I want to sell the dress, and I told her I was selling it. The dress was $165. So what should I sell it for?

All I have, all I am, all I ever will be, is because of you, Lord!

I am a 100% pro-life, wife, church goin Christain, choir singin, recycling, natural products user, vaccinating, non co-sleepin, CIO method user, soy milk drinking, organic milk givin, coffee drinking, dog lovin, schedule stickin to, vitamin givin/takin, soy candle burning, as Green as I can get, WAHM.

by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 2:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
kdalton89
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 3:00 PM

post pic!!

Hisservent
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 3:01 PM

as soon as my battery charges I will.

Quoting kdalton89:

post pic!!

I am a 100% pro-life, wife, church goin Christain, choir singin, recycling, natural products user, vaccinating, non co-sleepin, CIO method user, soy milk drinking, organic milk givin, coffee drinking, dog lovin, schedule stickin to, vitamin givin/takin, soy candle burning, as Green as I can get, WAHM.

itsnotaboutm765
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 3:01 PM

If you go by the 2/3s rule then $55

ForeverMeme
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 3:03 PM

Maybe $75.00 

luv_my_xiya
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 3:03 PM

i would sell it for $90

ForeverMeme
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 3:06 PM

The dress isn't used, the dress is still new with tags. If I needed the dress I would be happy to get it for $90.00. 

3frenchfries
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 3:06 PM

Pick a price and then put O.B.O (for or best offer) Post as many pics as you can especially any details like beading... and you will have a better chance at selling it.

ForeverMeme
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 3:08 PM

The rule of thumb is actually what ever you can get for it, lol. 

Hisservent
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 3:10 PM

I added pics

ForeverMeme
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 3:12 PM

You could also try selling it here on Cafemom, in the 'garage sale' or the 'for sale' group. All you have to do is sign up for pay pal if you don't already have it and the money is guarenteed plus you have a big network. I buy a lot of stuff from these two sites. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)