Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

LOOSE STOOLS AND LABOR??

Posted by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 3:00 PM
  • 8 Replies

Okay so I have been doing some reading and found that have loose stool can be a sign of early labor...My question is for those who did have loose stools prior to labor how long before labor started did you notice your stools becoming looser??

The reason i ask is because i am 37 weeks pregnant and for the last couple of days have been having quite a few contractions along with a dramatic decrease in fetal activity, and now i am having loose stool which is actually nice for a change since i have been constipated this entire pregnancy...

by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 3:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
sbilbo
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 3:04 PM

I had loose stools up to a month before I had my little one. They came and went a lot. With my pregnancy I only had really bad contractions when I laid down...they were about five minutes apart for two days, and that was at 40 weeks. When I got up and walked they would pretty much stopped, and it sucked standing all the time. So I was pretty much miserable. I didn't go in until I started bleeding pretty good.

LDSMOMMIE84
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 3:09 PM

LOL thanks for your reply....you would think that with this being my 5th baby that i would know all the signs and symptoms of labor but i still dont...with my other pregnancies i actually ALWAYS had loose stools the whole pregnancy, this pregnancy however i have been severly constipated until now...like i said its actually nice to have some relief without having to sit on the pot for an hour first...:) My contractions are pretty frequent for hours at a time no matter what i am doing, sitting standing laying down walking, but then will taper off for a few hours then come back then taper off and so forth....so its very confusing.

Quoting sbilbo:

I had loose stools up to a month before I had my little one. They came and went a lot. With my pregnancy I only had really bad contractions when I laid down...they were about five minutes apart for two days, and that was at 40 weeks. When I got up and walked they would pretty much stopped, and it sucked standing all the time. So I was pretty much miserable. I didn't go in until I started bleeding pretty good.

LDSMOMMIE84
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 3:19 PM

Bump???

LEJOLIE
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 3:23 PM

SAME DAY!

LDSMOMMIE84
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 3:26 PM

WHOOO HOOOO!! lol I am hoping that i am in early labor lol....i really really would like to have this baby out... :)

Quoting LEJOLIE:

SAME DAY!

LEJOLIE
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 3:28 PM

OH BE CARE FUL WHAT YOU HOPE FOR I WOUND UP POOPING ON THIS BOY!   LMAO

Quoting LDSMOMMIE84:

WHOOO HOOOO!! lol I am hoping that i am in early labor lol....i really really would like to have this baby out... :)

Quoting LEJOLIE:

SAME DAY!

LDSMOMMIE84
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 3:33 PM

LOL ok well that wouldnt be fun....so far i have avoided doing that little embarrassing number...but i may not this time lol...

Quoting LEJOLIE:

OH BE CARE FUL WHAT YOU HOPE FOR I WOUND UP POOPING ON THIS BOY!   LMAO

Quoting LDSMOMMIE84:

Quoting LEJOLIE:

SAME DAY!

wendy1978
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 4:09 PM

I had loose stools starting about 36 hrs before my water broke w/baby #3. I was 36.5 weeks

I love my boys !boy kissing mombaby boybaseball

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)