Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Complaining about welfare.....

Posted by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 3:16 PM
  • 4 Replies

I had a thought.  For those that hate that part of their "hard earned money" is going to welfare....try this:

Welfare programs take up a little less then 7% of your taxes.  So, look at your W-2.  Multiply your taxes paid by 7%.  If you are getting more than that back on your return, then consider that your taxes didn't pay for anyone else's food!  Yea you!  Problem solved! 

I bet that would dramatically decrease a complainers stress level if they looked at it like this!  The same could go for other stuff us taxpayers don't want to pay for...maybe OUR tax dollars arent' really paying for that lol!

P.S. - I tried it for defense...couldn't make that one work.  Too bad lol I wish my tax dollars were not funding CERTAIN defense issues lol.

Jezzabelle718.gif picture by Greyhoundgirl1977

by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 3:16 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
Jezzabelle718
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 3:16 PM

bumping otherwise i always lose the posts i write lol!

Jezzabelle718.gif picture by Greyhoundgirl1977

cutebaby06
by Monica on Jan. 27, 2009 at 3:18 PM

Bump.

JudeandLucy
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 3:44 PM

What I've noticed is alot of the people complaining make it out like everyone who has/does/will recieve food stamps or welfare are doing it just because they can. Or because they just don't want to work. Or because they're lazy.

Obviously it's common knowledge that that DOES happen, but it's not the majority. I received food stamps when my son was diagnosed with a genetic disorder four years ago because I was missing so much work due to doctors appointments, physical therapy sessions, speech therapy sessions, occupational therapy sessions, etc. that I could barely cover rent.

There are senior citizens who receive food stamps and temporary assistance. Disabled adults who receive food stamps and temporary assistance. Families/single parents who are trying to make ends meet and it's just not working.

Not to mention, on TA you're only alotted so much time before they MAKE you get a job. 

If a little bit of my money can help feed some hungry kids, whatever the reason behind that, then please - keep on taking that 7%!   

mirandapoo
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 4:04 PM

Quoting JudeandLucy:

What I've noticed is alot of the people complaining make it out like everyone who has/does/will recieve food stamps or welfare are doing it just because they can. Or because they just don't want to work. Or because they're lazy.

Obviously it's common knowledge that that DOES happen, but it's not the majority. I received food stamps when my son was diagnosed with a genetic disorder four years ago because I was missing so much work due to doctors appointments, physical therapy sessions, speech therapy sessions, occupational therapy sessions, etc. that I could barely cover rent.

There are senior citizens who receive food stamps and temporary assistance. Disabled adults who receive food stamps and temporary assistance. Families/single parents who are trying to make ends meet and it's just not working.

Not to mention, on TA you're only alotted so much time before they MAKE you get a job. 

If a little bit of my money can help feed some hungry kids, whatever the reason behind that, then please - keep on taking that 7%!   

I totally agree!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)