Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Owners of Saturn Vues or Chrysler Pacificas!

Posted by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 3:17 PM
  • 13 Replies

Which car do you have and do you like it?   How is it on gas?   We are looking at these two cars, but can't make up our mind.  HELP!!!  :)  Thanks ladies!

by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 3:17 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
laidbackmommy
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 3:21 PM

We have an 04 Pacifica and I really like it a lot.  It has great options as far being able to haul stuff or people.  If you want to do both... then it gets a little dicey.  We get about 18 mpg in town (riddled with stoplights, may I just say) and I get about 27-29 mpg on the highway.  I found it very easy to get the carseats in and out of and now that we have a forward facing carseat, I find it just as easy to get my DD in and out of the car.  HTH!  Good luck with your decision!

heidi_val
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 3:22 PM

I have a 2003 Vue. I like it. It kinda stinks on gas, but I'm looking at the new Vue because I really like dealing with the people at Saturn. The only problem I have with Saturn is..everytime I go in for a $30 oil change, I end up spending a couple of hundred or a few times, a couple of thousand because there is always something wrong with the car.

Steelerluv
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 3:25 PM

We have a 2003 Saturn Vue and haven't had any problems with  them.  What we like is the storage in the back for groceries and it also helps with keeping the kids stuff together.  Saturn dealership is really nice and helpful as well.  Goodluck!

mrs.will
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 3:26 PM

I GOT MY PACIFICA ABOUT 3 MONTHS AGO. I LOVE LOVE LOVE IT! LOL.  ITS A BIG DIFFRENECE FROM MY LITTLE MAZDA PROTEGE I HAD.  I HAVE THE THIRD ROW AND ITS NOT CRAMPED AT ALL BACK THERE.  I VERY ROOMY.  I THINK ITS STANDARD FOR THEM TO COME WITH THE DVD SYSTEM TOO.  SO THATS GREAT TO KEEP MY KIDDOS QUIET.  IT TAKES ABOUT 45 TO FILL MY TANK DONT KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT THE MILEAGE THOUGH LOL.  THE ONLY DOWNSIDE IS THE TIRES.  THEY ARE ONLY A FEW TIRES THAT WILL WORK WITH THIS CAR OURS IN PARTICUALR ARE 20 INCH RIMS BUT I JUST HAD TO REPLACE A TIRE AND EVERY SHOP I CALLED SAID HOW TEH PACIFICAS HAVE THE HARD TO FIND TIRES THAT YOU USUALLY HAVE TO SPECIAL ORDER.  OTHER THAN THAT I LOVE IT.  OH AND IT HAS THE NAVIGATION SYSTEM IN THE DASH TOO.

OK IM DONE RAMBLING. LOL.  GOOD LUCK TO YA.

rachael_c
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 3:29 PM

3rd row seats?! Really???  What year?

Quoting mrs.will:

I GOT MY PACIFICA ABOUT 3 MONTHS AGO. I LOVE LOVE LOVE IT! LOL.  ITS A BIG DIFFRENECE FROM MY LITTLE MAZDA PROTEGE I HAD.  I HAVE THE THIRD ROW AND ITS NOT CRAMPED AT ALL BACK THERE.  I VERY ROOMY.  I THINK ITS STANDARD FOR THEM TO COME WITH THE DVD SYSTEM TOO.  SO THATS GREAT TO KEEP MY KIDDOS QUIET.  IT TAKES ABOUT 45 TO FILL MY TANK DONT KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT THE MILEAGE THOUGH LOL.  THE ONLY DOWNSIDE IS THE TIRES.  THEY ARE ONLY A FEW TIRES THAT WILL WORK WITH THIS CAR OURS IN PARTICUALR ARE 20 INCH RIMS BUT I JUST HAD TO REPLACE A TIRE AND EVERY SHOP I CALLED SAID HOW TEH PACIFICAS HAVE THE HARD TO FIND TIRES THAT YOU USUALLY HAVE TO SPECIAL ORDER.  OTHER THAN THAT I LOVE IT.  OH AND IT HAS THE NAVIGATION SYSTEM IN THE DASH TOO.

mrs.will
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 3:33 PM

ITS AN 05 MODEL.  WE GOT A GREAT DEAL ON IT.  IT WAS OWNED BY AND OLDER LADY AND HAD BARELY 20,000 MILES ON IT.  WE WERE STOKED.  YOU CAN FIND GOOD DEALS ON ALOT OF SUV'S CAUSE EVERYONE IS SWITICHING BACK TO THE SMALL CARS NOW. SO FINALLY THE PEOPLE THAT REALLY NEED THE SUV CAN AFFORD THEM NOW. LOL.  ALSO THE STORAGE IS GOOD WITH THE SEATS DOWN I FIT A TWIN MATTRESS, BOX SRINGS AND HEADBOARD FOOTBOARD AND FRAME IN THE CAR.  BUT IF YOU HAVE THE REAR SEATS UP THERE IS VERY LITTLE CARGO SPACE. :) 

Quoting rachael_c:

Quoting mrs.will:

laidbackmommy
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 3:34 PM

Oh yeah... my pacifica has 3rd row seats too.  That's what I meant about hauling stuff or people.  If I put the seats up, I can take 6 passengers.  If I put them down, I can haul 4 people and a BUTT LOAD of stuff.  And I like the fact that I can put down the 2nd row seats too, if I need to haul something pretty big. 

rachael_c
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 3:35 PM

We are lookin at the 05 too.  I didnt notice 3rd row seats.  I will check it out again.  Thanks 4 the info!

Quoting mrs.will:

ITS AN 05 MODEL.  WE GOT A GREAT DEAL ON IT.  IT WAS OWNED BY AND OLDER LADY AND HAD BARELY 20,000 MILES ON IT.  WE WERE STOKED.  YOU CAN FIND GOOD DEALS ON ALOT OF SUV'S CAUSE EVERYONE IS SWITICHING BACK TO THE SMALL CARS NOW. SO FINALLY THE PEOPLE THAT REALLY NEED THE SUV CAN AFFORD THEM NOW. LOL.  ALSO THE STORAGE IS GOOD WITH THE SEATS DOWN I FIT A TWIN MATTRESS, BOX SRINGS AND HEADBOARD FOOTBOARD AND FRAME IN THE CAR.  BUT IF YOU HAVE THE REAR SEATS UP THERE IS VERY LITTLE CARGO SPACE. :) 

Quoting rachael_c:

Quoting mrs.will:

Kat770
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 3:40 PM

My DH has a 2004 Saturn Vue Redline.  I like it, but because his is a Redline model it has a Honda engine or motor or something and has too much horsepower for my taste- I'm actually a little scared to drive it, lol.  The big downside to me is that it only has one row of backseats.  However, the back area has a good amount of storage space (at least in his model- the newer model looks so much prettier to me, but I don't know what the inside looks like).

karma30
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 3:41 PM

I have an 05 Vue and I like it. It's not going to be as roomy as the Pacifica, but it's cheaper. We get about 26 or 27 MPG and gas here is $1.79 and it takes $20 to fill it if it's in the red on the gas tank. I like the cargo organizer in the back too. Someone else mentioned that. And I've never had a problem with customer service from our dealership.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)