Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

A question I've never thought to ask..

Posted by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 3:45 PM
  • 9 Replies

I'm starting to think I have ADD because I could post about 50 questions on here at one time lol My mind is always thinking of new things & situations. Weird..

Anyways , I was wondering (Since we have step kids & mostly out of curiosity), if the step kid gets a job where does that leave child support?

by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 3:45 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
JudeandLucy
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 3:46 PM

In Missouri child support is owed til the kiddo turns 18.

elie_1234
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 3:47 PM

Pretty sure child support HAS to be paid till 18 years of age.

Babylove135
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 3:47 PM

I don't know for sure but I don't think it would change it.  Child support is to help provide for the child and even if that child gets a job he/she is still being supported by the custodial parent so unless the child is out on their own I don't think it would change anything.

Come join our group where you can talk about whatever you want with no drama!!     www.cafemom.com/group/BusyB

Jennifer63080
by Platinum Member on Jan. 27, 2009 at 3:48 PM

what if they are still in school after 18?

my husband seems to think that he has to pay until the kid graduates from college............but I thought that each case is determined individually...........

Quoting JudeandLucy:

Daemonsmommy
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 3:51 PM

I believe that each case is determined individually as far as going beyond 18. When my mom was getting child support for me, my dad would have paid even after I was 18 if I had gone to college. She got child support until I graduated HS.

Quoting Jennifer63080:

what if they are still in school after 18?

my husband seems to think that he has to pay until the kid graduates from college............but I thought that each case is determined individually...........

Quoting JudeandLucy:

Lady4Christ
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 3:51 PM

In California it is my understanding that when they turn 18 you no longer have to pay child support. No you will not have to pay child support if the child in question is in college. By that point they should already be responsible and have a job or just attend school. You won't have to pay child support forever. I hope this helps.

MikeysMom51108
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 3:52 PM

I live in PA.

My mom still had to pay child support for me and my brother even when we had jobs. My mom paid child support while I was in college as well.

Smcclellan7080
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 3:57 PM

When I got married at 15 my dad quit paying support on me. Paid on my little bro til he turned 18!

Strong opinions?  Like a good debate? Join us @ Just for Drama http://www.cafemom.com/group/37802

GROUP OWNER!!

Jaclynx3
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 3:59 PM

here it is age 19 

Madison                   Makaylyn                          Jordan                   Michael

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)