Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

DID ANY ONE HERE ABOUT....

Posted by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 3:56 PM
  • 8 Replies

THERE WAS THIS ELDERLY MAN THAT FROZE TO DEATH IN HIS HOME IN A TOWN CLOSE TO ME.HE HAD A DEVICE THAT THE ELECTRIC COMPANY PUT ON HIS METER TO LIMIT THE AMOUNT OF POWER HE COULD USE.HE WAS BEHIND ON HIS BILL AND OVER HIS LIMIT SO THEY SHUT IT OFF.I THINK THEY SHOULD HAVE CUSTOMERS AGE AND DISABILITYS ON FILE,THE COMPANY SAID THEY HAD NO CLUE HOW OLD HE WAS OR ANYTHING.I JUST COULD NOT BELIEVE THIS WHEN I HEARD IT ON THE NEWS LAST NIGHT.I THINK THEY SAID HE WAS 90 SOME YEARS OLD. HOW TRAGIC!

by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 3:56 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
1luvmylife
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 3:57 PM

yes there have been posts about it .. hear

MikeysMom51108
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 3:58 PM

No, I didn't hear about it.

I live in PA, and I'm pretty sure it's illegal to cut service to a family with elderly people or disabled people. The gas and electriccompany periodically call me to update my status--and they always ask if there's anyone living with me who is elderly, disabled, or on life-sustaining medical equipment.

relosansil

That's sad, that's really sad... I hope the company start to realize that this time of the year they should not shut it off without speaking in person with whoever owe them the money...

shanesmomma

horrible horrible...what is this world coming to?

bugnroosmom
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 4:00 PM

Yes it is truly sad, but what irritated me was the officers remark, "Well, we try to tell people, if you know you have elderly neighbors, you need to check on them"!?!?!?!?!?

WTF!! He had no family or friends & since when is it our responsiblity to check up on neighbors.

I just got the impression he was passing the blame on neighbors. also made a remark that they found no evidence that the electric company did anything wrong! 

firstlady101
by on Jan. 28, 2009 at 1:03 PM

Quoting 1luvmylife:

yes there have been posts about it .. hear

EXCUSE ME SORRY I WASNT ON TO SEE THEM>

peanutsmommy1
by on Jan. 28, 2009 at 1:07 PM

yes, but he did owe over $1,000 to the company, so it isn't like he was only a month behind....

sticking out tongueBecky

Sarcasm is just one of the services I offer!

nataliesmommy
by on Jan. 28, 2009 at 1:08 PM

Quoting relosansil:

That's sad, that's really sad... I hope the company start to realize that this time of the year they should not shut it off without speaking in person with whoever owe them the money...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)